multiple universes

As science,s general exceptance of the expanding universe and the vaccum

is creating this no im not going to mention petry dish dooo, what is anti matter and what exists outside of space ? are we a molicule being vacummed

into a hoover in another universe, were forever blowing bubbles springs to mind .

• 1 year later...

Anti-matter is basically matter, but with reversed charges. In anti-matter, protons are negatively charged and electrons are positively charged.

As far as observation shows, there is no "outside" of space, only visible matter. It's likely that the space outside of the space of the universe goes on indefinitely.

Per general relativioty and modern cosmolgy models, there is no "outside" outside of space. The universe is expanding, but it is not expanding into anything.

If it's not expanding into an emptiness, how is there room for it to expand?

There is no "room for it to expand". There is no edge of the universe. Sounds crazy, I know. But this is what our current understanding tell us.

Wait, I already knew that, I thought you were saying there was a boundary and that it was the edge of the space that was expanding since the big bang. I mean, it has to be infinite, but I guess a better question is why?

Wait, I already knew that, I thought you were saying there was a boundary and that it was the edge of the space that was expanding since the big bang. I mean, it has to be infinite, but I guess a better question is why?

The best available cosmological model, based on general relativity treats the universe as an intrinsic manifold without boundary. It is not known if space-like slices are finite (compact) or infinite (non-compact).

In any case the universe is, by definition, the whole enchilada. There is no "elsewhere" into which it could expand. If there were, that would be part of the universe too.

You should the thread on cosmology basics. http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/33180-cosmo-basics/

The best available cosmological model, based on general relativity treats the universe as an intrinsic manifold without boundary. It is not known if space-like slices are finite (compact) or infinite (non-compact).

In any case the universe is, by definition, the whole enchilada. There is no "elsewhere" into which it could expand. If there were, that would be part of the universe too.

You should the thread on cosmology basics. http://www.sciencefo...0-cosmo-basics/

That's what I keep thinking too, but since the big bang was the expansion of space itself, that would require it to expand at infinite speed to occupy infinite positions which for some reason isn't what astronomers are saying, even though what seems to be increasing in speed is matter.

Edited by steevey