Lab Equipment Network (Need Help)

space girl

So, I'm working with a student space organization on their national level doing some educational outreach work. The organization is the Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS) and our website is http://www.seds.org.

An old boss of mine had told me that a lot of research labs had to do sterile experiments, which meant that they often threw away the lab beakers after one use to ensure that there would be absolutely no contamination.

I do not work with lab equipment on a regular basis or do any kind of research that would require it. The closest I come is playing with rocket fuels a few times a year. So, I don't know much about the validity of her statement or where to start.

My ideal goal is to set up a network that will provide equipment to students constantly (not just one donation from a large company). This would require having a group of laboratories across the country to donate, having a posted list of what each can donate and then allow schools to choose what they'd like, pay only for shipping, and receive practically free equipment. My organization does have non-profit status, which makes donations tax deductible. The donations from labs could be created several different ways. If they order large quantities they could simply order a small fraction of that extra and donate that. If they do sterile experiments then they could just donate used equipment. If they have old stock they are replacing they could give that. Big companies that supply could even make an annual donation.

This is a large task, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. It does mean that I need all the help I can get, no matter how small.

If you have any tips, leads, advice, or questions my email is either high-school@seds.org or triantle@email.arizona.edu.

Thank you guys so much for reading!