DnA chicken egg

MustKnow

anyone try this before? Getting to eggs sucking out the contents of one and placing some of it in another egg? Its supposed to make twins or something like that. I dunno i read it in an article.

I think you're confusing the shelled egg with the single egg cell. Cloning can involve removing the nucleus of a fertilized egg cell (technically a zygote), or some cells once it's begun to divide (technically making it an embryo).

However, for birds and reptiles (as well as the platypus), the shelled egg that is laid actually contains an embryo well on its developmental path, along with maternally secreted yolk and a materally secreted shell. By the time the egg is laid, development is way too far along to allow cloning.

I think you're confusing the shelled egg with the single egg cell. Cloning can involve removing the nucleus of a fertilized egg cell (technically a zygote), or some cells once it's begun to divide (technically making it an embryo).

However, for birds and reptiles (as well as the platypus), the shelled egg that is laid actually contains an embryo well on its developmental path, along with maternally secreted yolk and a materally secreted shell. By the time the egg is laid, development is way too far along to allow cloning.

i dont think it was cloning then lol. I guess the guy stuck a needle in sucked out some of the DNA and put it in the other egg to see if the DNA would take. I think what happend was he got a chicken that wasnt spotted spotted.

No, he was not. Either it was cloning, as Mokele described, otherwise it was just messing meaninglessly around with an egg. But surely it manipulation of DNA was not involved then.

Think of it that way, would take in DNA if someone sucks a bit of tissue out of you and injects some foreign one?