Physics of the Multiverse

samtheflash82

According to many theories (including string theory i believe) there is a type of multiverse which contains many many other universes. In my understanding, the laws of physics apply only inside a given universe. With that what can we say about the physics in the multiverse? might these multiverse physics allow for multiple multiverses? discuss.

You are suggesting people engage in a line of pure speculation. To help them engage in that, could you provide some links? Right now there's not much definite to go on.

What theory are you talking about? To be a scientific theory it has to at least in principle be testable. If you can't describe tests, then maybe you are talking about a non-scientific theory?

Or could it be a vague impression based on somebody's verbal description? Philosophical theory? I can't tell from your post.

My point is you need to be more specific about what the speculation is about, even if it is just pseudoscience or philosophy.

Maybe a few of our members can help you get this solidified into somethng more concrete.

==================

Oh, you mentioned string. There are a lot of different versions none of which quite work. M-theory does not exist as yet---it is conjectured to exist but there is no exact formulation in terms of equations, physical principles etc. Different versions of non-M [perturbative] string say different things, operate on spaces of different dimensionalities and compactifications. No one entirely satisfactory. Which versions of string do you mean? Maybe you could give a link to some research paper that would make it more definite for us.

Edited by Martin