Does my avatar annoy you?

NowThatWeKnow

Does my avatar annoy you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does my avatar annoy you?

• Yes, get the bug spray
    • Whatever
    • I like it or not a problem for me

Moderators, I hope you will let this run for a short while here since many of my post are here. Thanks

I received a PM from a new member (I will not name) and he said:

---------

"Hello,

I find you avatar to be annoying. It bothers me. It makes me sick. Could you change it for something really positive, please? I need positive emotions, not irritation.

Thanks."

---------

I do not want to make anyone sick or annoyed. I thought it was funny and now I am just used to it and my post are easy to find.

Is it time to step on the ant?

The correct question should sound like this: "Does my avatar annoy/distract you while reading the posts?"

My answer is "yes".

Bob.

you make a good point. I wonder if those that have seen it for awhile have just gotten used to it. It was distracting to me at first but not any more. Ants do not live forever and my eyes are open for a replacement. One more negative and I will look for the bug spray now. :)

I never much cared about moving things when I'm trying to read text. However, being the web junkie that I am, I've had enough flash ads shoved in my face that I hardly notice your little ant. It could be that your secret antmirer is particularly distracted by the ant (and possibly other animations). He can grab the bug spray himself if he has firefox installed.

He has two options. If all animations annoy him, he can get rid of the whole lot like so:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Tips_:_Animated_Images

If your specific image bugs (heh) him, he can install adblock and adblock your image.

No reason it needs to be your problem. If you like the avatar, and want to be polite, you can show him how to block it himself.

...antmirer...If your specific image bugs (heh) him,...

:) Thanks Mr. Skeptic. I like your pun and other ways of saying things. Stuff moving on a computer screen has become a way of life, even though I am not crazy about it. So maybe I shouldn't contribute.

I clicked on the poll - do I win a prize now?

It said I already gave you a prize and wouldn't let me give you another one. :)

I did try a new avatar for 24 hours but I missed my ant. The poll shows that the ant is liked by most so the masses have spoke.

It said I already gave you a prize and wouldn't let me give you another one. :)

I did try a new avatar for 24 hours but I missed my ant. The poll shows that the ant is liked by most so the masses have spoke.

It's wonderful to write my posts in a true democracy such as SFN.