Brainwave Entrainment

Sconesnatcher

I'm not very knowledgable on neuroscience but from what I've gathered there are 4 main categories of brainwave frequencies which dominate the brain of the average man.

1.) Beta waves - Predominant when the mind is most active and busy. Good mindset for multitasking and quick thinking

2.) Alpha waves - Predominant when the person is calm and relaxed or in a meditative state. Good state for learning, reading, coming up with ideas and creative tasks such as painting

3.) Theta - Supposedly these brainwaves or dominant in the brain of someone who's dreaming or else on the verge of sleep. Also dominant in people under hypnotic trance

4.) Delta - Dominant in the brain of someone in deep sleep

Now supposedly the brain can be trained so that different waves become prevalent on a daily basis. For example say your everyday mindset is an active quick witted one which is good for multitasking and quick thinking but not the best for learning and doing tasks which require relaxation and patience. Supposedly you can entrain your brain so that your everyday mindset will become a calm and relaxed one. The difference that would be seen on an EEG would be the ratio of beta to alpha waves.

I haven't researched this much at all cuz I don't have time but I've skimmed through bits and pieces cuz its interesting. Heres the only method of brainwave entrainment I've come across so far. I really don't know anything about this stuff so I'm only repeating what I read I may have bits and pieces wrong. Anhow

Binaural Beats - Supposedly soundwaves of different frequencies entering each ear simultaneously has an effect the brains signaling. Hypothetically if 2 sounds entering each ear at the same time has a very small different in frequency say 5Hz the brain will interpret the difference in frequencies and translate it into brainwaves of that frequency.

For example a sound of 2000Hz entering one ear and a sound of 2010Hz entering the other will induce brainwaves of 10Hz (Beta) in the brain.

I haven't tried this but all thats required is a pair of reasonable quality stereo headphones and special tunes which produce the differing left and right sound frequencies. The tunes are called binaural beats and some of them are commercial others are free.

Anyhow although I have my doubts I find this fairly interesting and worth researching. Mainly what has my mind boggled is what would happen if one was to entrain their brains to produce mainly delta waves. Would you fall into a coma?

Not sure, myself. However, one thing for you to bear in mind... One can train their mind to make some of these waves more common... more likely... but there are still going to be limits. One cannot train their mind to "produce mainly delta waves" as they are limited to the existing neural architecture and biology, regardless of the amount of training in which they engage, and waves other than deltas are required for function...

Since this posting is under pseudoscience and speculations, I might as well go for it.

We experience all of these neural patterns throughout the day. One is always more predominant than the other according to mood, environment, and level of consciousness.

There are siddhas or "accomplished ones" in the practice of Transcendental Meditation who are able to push one particular neural pattern over the others; this was an actual neuroscience study of eeg patterns wherein a meditation master could achieve the alpha state almost instantly.

The delta patterns are even more interesting. Supposedly, the remote viewing courses train people to achieve the delta state almost immediately. Parapsychologists who have studied psychic phenomena verify that the delta state is predominant in these people.

As a practitioner, I can tell you that training your brainwaves into the delta region induces a waking "sleep state" wherein you have lucid dreams, so it's more of a fluctuating delta state.

Brainwave entrainment definitely helps to achieve delta state or "mental level delta" as remote viewer Gerald O'Donnell says it, but entrainment can be come a crutch if you want to achieve the delta state at will, anywhere, anytime; that's what the remote viewing courses are for. Train yourself to achieve delta state at any time.

Of course, since this is all under "pseudoscience" take it with a grain of salt. Mainstream science says we're just meatsacks, but I'd like to think we're more than that.