Blood influence in matching

kleinwolf

I sometimes fell about the uncomfortable thought that since blood groups appeared, that statistics could show a link between blood and wealth or mentality.

Suppose this were in some sense right, and that a couple forms, in which a partner had a "stronger" blood, that the other would be beaten, in some sense.

Or that for example depending on the blood distribution in a family, the oedipus complex could be increased or decreased.

Do you have any idea about this.

If we imagine an experience with blood-type as doubly hidden variable (blood is hidden in the body and heart, and we don't tell the blood type), like a classroom where only 1 individual of A blood in a group of O people, that this will have so tiny influence, that it will probably remain unnoticeable, even after a hundreds of experiments, and even if the blood-type were set as a simply hidden variable (we say the person blood group),

I found no references for this, and

Probably that there will be no remarkable influence of this hidden variable.

There are no references because it's silly.

Blood type does not affect *anything* beyond who you can get transfusions and organs from.

Can you even suggest a mechanism which would allow it to affect the mind? No, there's no possible way.

There are no references because it's silly.

not that I disagree, but this:

I sometimes fell about the uncomfortable thought that since blood groups appeared, that statistics could show a link between blood and wealth or mentality.

Is probably the case. Which blood-type is most common varies by geographic region, as does wealth; hence, there's probably a coincidental link between blood-type and wealth.

True, plus there are the differences in the proportions of the population who carry any particular type (O+ 38% A+ 34% B+ 9% O- 7% A- 6% AB+ 3% B- 2% AB-1%). The Japanese hold a popular view that personality is related to blood type, but then a significant proportion of the British read their horoscopes.

Stumbled across this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12001052?dopt=Abstract

via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus

blood grouping can affect susceptability to at least one virus, so there's a possible mechanism there (maybe it increases susceptability to a mind-degrading virus :D).

Still think the idea's silly tho.