Removal Light Reactive Ink/Chemical/Sheet

moooo

Hi, I'm currently in the process of designing a product.

It needs to work like invisible ink, but instead of reacting to UV light, I need it to show up when exposed to a normal bright light source.

For instance if this clear ink was used on a bottle, text would appear when in it is taken out of its packaging and exposed to a normal bright light source.

However,it would need to be removal by perhaps a special type of wipe/remover or other quicker alternative methods.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

had you considered simply using something based on photographic film? silver nitrate is used, and it will darken quite quickly even under fairly feeble light sources, as long as they are more energetic than red light.

does it need to be food-safe?

what about some sort of organic molecules which reacts in presence of light. or something used in photo chromic glasses. wikipedia lists oxazines as one such compound but its higly hazardous. or why not some thing more exotic like becoming visible in presence of magnetic field.

eg http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7268104.html

whether they can turn tranparent? no where mentioned

thanks very much the suggestions, really appreciate it.

i am looking for an ink which I can use as an anti-theft measure.

Applied onto, for example a bottle of cream, if stolen, when the thief takes it out of the packaging, exposing to light, text will appear on the bottle.

However, I must be able to remove it, for paying customers.

Any suggestions?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

sorry. not sure if im explaining it properly..

the ink initially will be invisible when coated onto the tube of cream.

if stolen, and removed from packaging, the ink will become visible as exposed to light and create an image/text.

however, if the product is not stolen, I need some way of removing this layer of ink from reacting/becoming visible from the tube of cream.

Hope this is much clearer. Thanks.

dont u think its little lame anti theft method. i mean if i have shoplifted some product it wont matter to me that some thing has appeared on its label. anti theft measures are supposed to stop the theft and not the uses