interesting...

sobe

how does IQ effect a persons morals and veiws, does it make them more open to some ideas? does it close there minds to certain ideals?

if any one could find info such as charts and stuff on these issues, thated be great!

some key things id like to know how IQ effects are :

-------------------

religion

does a higher IQ make people less open to religion? does it effect there religius choices?

sexuality

does higher IQ make people more open to homosexuality? does it effect their veiws at all?

racisum

does IQ have effect on peoples veiws on racisum?

how there imagination works, does a hi IQ make you less fantasy-related inaginitive?

how they talk?

could it effect weather they use slang, or perhaps there accents?

------------------

and weather gender has any diffrences on these, do women with high IQ veiw religion or such difrently then men with high IQ? same with low IQ

how do you think IQ effects these things? any other things you think wuld be intresting to see how IQ effects, post 'em!

religion

does a higher IQ make people less open to religion? does it effect there religius choices?

I'm not sure how IQ factors in (as I don't trust it as a good measure of intelligence to begin with), but education certainly impacts this one.

There is an inverse correlation with education and religiosity. In general, the less educated, the more religious. The more educated, the less religious.

Interestingly, the same tends to apply with acceptance of homosexuality, as most often, homophobia and bigotry is fed by religious teachings (reinforced by the "us/them" mentality which comes with many faith based practices), not academia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

well, i understand the iq/intellegence thing, i was meaning to put a little thing at the top or bottem that i generaly ment intellegence and such, but left that out, ill add that in a moment.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

yeah those are how i think it would be, im hoping for some charts or something, ill look into that, and some arguments of how high intellegence might curve religion and such diffrently than we are expecting.

There is an inverse correlation with education and religiosity. In general, the less educated, the more religious. The more educated, the less religious.

Interestingly, the same tends to apply with acceptance of homosexuality, as most often, homophobia and bigotry is fed by religious teachings (reinforced by the "us/them" mentality which comes with many faith based practices), not academia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

seems like the correlation is pretty good too.

there Are those that are too stupid to see past their Bigotry and asses others with Broad generalisations, this would indeed be indicative of a lower IQ, they tend to be Very vocal about it too and bring it up at every given opportunity.

of course that doesn`t happen here, we`re all smart ;)

aren`t we?

And I guess it kind of depends on how serious the person is into religion - I happen to know some very religious people of whom I would consider exceptionally intelligent - albeit they don't usually abide by orthodox bible teachings, preferring just to believe, instead of believing in x - the same works here with vice versa -

sexuality

does higher IQ make people more open to homosexuality? does it effect their veiws at all?

I think I've seen some graphs around somewhere that seemed to indicate that with a higher level of education came a higher tolerance of minor things, like homosexuality. I think looking at the intelligence average of communities where people grow up would be a better factor of this one however

racisum

does IQ have effect on peoples veiws on racisum?

I may be blatantly ignorant, but I'm going to say yes to this one. At least for the majority.

how there imagination works, does a hi IQ make you less fantasy-related inaginitive?

I usually score relatively well on things like IQ tests and stupid things like that, and I consider myself fairly imaginative. Keeping in mind I attended an art college, I don't think a high or low IQ would necessarily indicate unimaginitve-ness. Besides, creative thinking helps relieve the brain stress

how they talk?

I don't think so - I mean, it might for some people, but slang isn't something you use because you're uneducated, it's because proper grammar and english (or German, or French, etc.) is so structured and boring, we have to mix it up to keep things interesting. I think this board has PLENTY of evidence for that

dudde,

i agree with everything upto accents/slang usage.

i think that, while some very intellegent people would use slang, i believe also, that most would find people would take them more seriusly if they used correct grammer and such, and would, if not use extreem grammar, would atleast take a slightly abouve average intrest to it.

The following link has lots of graphs showing the negative correlation between intelligence and religiosity:

http://kspark.kaist.ac.kr/Jesus/Intelligence%20&%20religion.htm

I guess imagination is even harder to measure than intelligence. But I think it's a fair bet that more intelligent people are also more imaginative, just because imagination involves brain processes, seeing connections between things and coming up with new interpretations.

Einstein famously said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge", and I think imagination is an important part of the Scientific Method, in the sense that scientists have to think up new ways of observing and testing, they have to spot patterns and formulate hypotheses.

I think I might know what you're driving at though. Surely intelligent people must be less likely to come up with fantastical explanations for things, more likely to apply Occam's Razor or to search out scientific explanations.

how they talk?

I don't know if there's much of a correlation there. I have a high IQ and a Mathematics degree, but I have a very broad regional accent and I use slang a lot in ordinary speech.

I do wonder if you find more people with 'posh' accents at the top of their professions, but if so, that might be pure prejudice: an assumption that a posh voice equates with intelligence.