do we need sleep

People with insomnia can't get a healthy amount of sleep, but they'll still fall asleep eventually. The longest recorded time without sleep is apparently almost 19 days, but most people could never do anything near that.

Are you talking about insomniacs? No, they can't stay awake forever - I can say from experience that they actually have it worse than others in some respects, it really becomes hard to tell when you're tired if you're tired all the time, and you're more prone to randomly falling asleep during something like, say, driving

Can we possibly train our body to go without sleep or would that kind of be classified as evolution

Doubtful, sleep let's our bodies complete necessary functions, or healing in some instances. I can't think of any instances where missing sleep would be a good thing - for example, in college, I used to get less than 18 hours of sleep a week, and in one instance stayed up for like 8 days - started falling asleep mid-sentences, and like I_A said, was actually hallucinating while I was awake

But this goes behind the whole concept of evolution. We went supposed to be walking but we trained ourselves to. So in actuality can we train our bodies over time no not need sleep?

no, our bodies adapted to allow us to walk bipedaly over time. it wasn't a case of one chimp forcing himself t owalk and then all his offspring could suddenly do it. it was a gradual change taking many many generations. the chimps that were slightly better at waling than other chimps had more of a chance of survival and reproduction.

carry this on for a few hundred thousand years and you end up with a bipedal species.

On top of that, sleep was obviously important enough that our species put itself at risk to predators for 8 hours at a time... Completely defenseless... and yet it still evolved. I'd say that it is pretty important for that reason alone. If it weren't important, we wouldn't have opened ourselves to predation so profoundly just to do it.