Insect Bite

Shadow

Hey all,

I was bitten by an insect the other day. At first it looked pretty much like a regular bite, so I didn't pay much attention to it. However, when I woke up the day after (yesterday) my leg had swollen up from my ankle almost to my knee (the bite being sort of in the middle) and I could barely walk. Since then I've seen a doctor, and he gave me some kind of cream (Flegmoton I think, I've used it before with a chronic big toe infection) which seems to be helping. Then again, I only put it on this morning, but the swelling has diminished significantly since yesterday. What I was wondering is if anyone recognized the bite, or has any idea what kind of insect could deliver such a kick. Here's a link to a couple of pictures I took before my battery ran out:

http://img165.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1010333.jpg

Does it seem familiar?

Cheers,

Gabe

Not a sting, I would've felt that. Spider or ant were my guesses, but I've been bitten before and it wasn't even close to this. The reason why it surprises me is that I'm not allergic, or maybe haven't been up until now. I was just wondering if this was typical for some kind of insect, I know you have practically no way of telling otherwise. Thanks for your input :o)