are they truly that easy

Is it a specific tattoo, or in a specific location?

What about someone with a full sleeve?

For the belly ring, the age range is such that it doesn't hold any significance other than looks. I can't see it being different than an eyebrow ring, a nose ring, etc.

A belly ring is usually shown off, so the girl wants to show her mid-driff. Most girls who are more wholesome will avoid showing their belly region. That might be a reason for the assumption with belly rings.

As for tattoos, I'd presume you mean the ones above their butt on their back... Which many people call a "tramp stamp." Again, it's the location that makes it an area few people will see if you're a wholesome girl, so that might be a reason for that assumption with tattoos.

The premise is that it is usually girls who are less wholesome who don't have a problem showing those parts of their bodies to others, but it's a pretty lame generalization and doesn't hold much water at all.

ACM, in your stay of three days at this forum, you've managed to average a total of 27 and change posts per day, most of which are in threads you yourself started regarding such inane (as this), inconsequential (which few bother responding to), assumption-ridden (which causes the thread to quickly devolve for semantical issues), or fallacy-ridden leading questions, all written in mostly textspeak with "alot a grammer" issues.

Now, I know that this specific instance is in general discussion, but I would like to speak for a lot of people here in saying that it would behoove you to curb this type of behaviour in the future. Don't take me wrong, I'm not insulting you; I am merely pointing out that your current modus operandi is not entirely flattering and may cause many to lose respect for you. Underneath it all is a sincerely inquisitive and intelligent mind and I would hate for you to be subconsciously labeled a nuisance and for any possible legitimate future questions and posts be disregarded.

Just a thought.

ACM, in your stay of three days at this forum, you've managed to average a total of 27 and change posts per day, most of which are in threads you yourself started regarding such inane (as this), inconsequential (which few bother responding to), assumption-ridden (which causes the thread to quickly devolve for semantical issues), or fallacy-ridden leading questions, all written in mostly textspeak with "alot a grammer" issues.

Now, I know that this specific instance is in general discussion, but I would like to speak for a lot of people here in saying that it would behoove you to curb this type of behaviour in the future. Don't take me wrong, I'm not insulting you; I am merely pointing out that your current modus operandi is not entirely flattering and may cause many to lose respect for you. Underneath it all is a sincerely inquisitive and intelligent mind and I would hate for you to be subconsciously labeled a nuisance and for any possible legitimate future questions and posts be disregarded.

Just a thought.

I second this.

Why does a belly ring or a tattoo suggest a female might be easy?
What is the point of this question? Why did you ask it?

It's not a particularly good question anyway as it's based on the assumption that belly rings or tattoos DO suggest a female might be easy. As far as I know, that hasn't been established, so questions about WHY are premature.

Any superficial and even inaccurate cue to denote a woman is "easy" increases the likelihood of the male to feel confident in making a pass, in which negative results will often be ignored and positive results will reinforce the belief that cue is indicative of the preconception.

On a purely "loose logic" level, it could imply that the woman in question is more likely to reject conventional social norms if she is uninhibited enough to exhibit tattoos and piercings - which could arguably be a signal that she may be less inhibited sexually with regards to social norms. Of course, the empirical studies necessary to evaluate such a claim would be nearly impossible due to the overwhelming desire of any researcher in such an appropriate setting to just consume very large quantities of tequila and forget the whole thing.

It truly does pain me to come to the defense of someone who is so obviously a troll or an idiot, but the question may acuity fall into the legitimate academic field of the behavioral economic subfield of information economics.

When talking about signals like belly button rings, tattoos etc. we fall into a chicken and egg type of conundrum. The question is weather the wearing of a belly ring signals what ever it signals because an certain group of people decided to wear these rings and the rings became associated with said group or weather girls chose to wear these rings because they want to send a certain signal that the ring is already associated with in peoples’ minds.

The spontaneous emergence of such signaling mechanisms can be a fascinating study granted this is a ridiculously trivial example.

Round these 'ere parts there's a tattoo known as a "tramp stamp". Usually located in the lower back (and never covered up), often taking the design of wings or the like. It's apparently a sign that the owner is a tramp (hence the name), or slut. Whether this is true or not I honestly couldn't say. I have taste in women, you see.

Link to photo.

Just a thought.

Is it wrong to ask questions no mater how stupid they are.