would it be the end of us

A Childs Mind

i don’t no it just popped in my head. Like we all no technology will always be smarter than us no mater what. And wouldn’t a computer actually become aware of its existence to our would make it gain thought and plot some evil plan against us......

watched "Terminator" much?

and anyway, How are we "mean" to computers? I personally shower mine with Gifts and such, when was the Last (or even 1`st) time you saw anyone being "Mean" to a computer????

watched "Terminator" much?

and anyway, How are we "mean" to computers? I personally shower mine with Gifts and such, when was the Last (or even 1`st) time you saw anyone being "Mean" to a computer????

No...... i robot.

and i saw this fat german kid on youtube beat the crap out of his computer because he was loosing his game...

hes the first to go;)

and i saw this fat german kid on youtube beat the crap out of his computer because he was loosing his game...

I thought you would come back with an example, so that I may ask you; How do you think the computer Felt about that?

as an aside, Obesity brings it`s own doom, I wouldn`t waste the wattage if I were a machine.

You may want to read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

Basically, the idea is if computer intelligence can build even smarter computers fast enough, especially when intelligence could likely be tied to simple software modifications (in addition to slower generations of growth in hardware) that the result goes beyond our ability to predict the outcome.

Maybe a AI system would evaluate the fact that we are the result of evolutionary processes over billions of years as something that could be "broken quickly, but hard to put back together" and thus take into account it's own capacity to change it's own mind later as new information/algorithms may lead to new assessments on any given strategy's merits.

No...... i robot.

hes the first to go;)

Yeah, but think about all the carpal tunnel syndrome computers are giving us!

Before Terminator there was Collossus the Forbin Project and Demon Seed. In all of these movies the computers know that it's time to get rid of the vermin. Makes for good apocalytic action films.

Not sure that conquest or extermination would be on a computer's mind were it to have one.

i don’t no it just popped in my head. Like we all no technology will always be smarter than us no mater what. And wouldn’t a computer actually become aware of its existence to our would make it gain thought and plot some evil plan against us......

So far everything a computer does/can do is programmed by a human, or a sub-species of human called a coder, >:D computers can't just have 'random' thoughts like you and I do. Technology will probably never be 'smarter' than us, it can be quicker at specific tasks. Anyway according to computer theory it's impossible for any robot to kill more than once, since we all know it would shutdown as soon as it performed an illegal execution. And that's when you smack it with a baseball bat.