Flat Earth Society...

Syntho-sis

read the fine print.

haha I know it was a joke. It's funny/depressing to consider all those poor souls out there that actually take this at face value though.

It's humorous...and I enjoy it....I'm not stupid.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Isn't there a genuine flat earth society, i.e. one which is not satirical?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org

^^^ Seems genuine to me. I could be totally wrong on that....

check it out

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I meant the website seems "genuine/honest" btw. Not the actual notion that the earth is flat!

haha

Edited by Syntho-sis
Consecutive posts merged.

There are "true believers" there but mostly it's a combination of a troll tank and people that just like practicing their debate skills on topics they wouldn't otherwise try to defend.

One of the best arguments I read there involved tectonic plates/continental drift and how it wouldn't work on a "flat earth" and cited how dinosaurs were on all the continents etc as evidence they were once all connected.

So the Flat Earther suggested "how do we know dinosaurs couldn't have made primitive boats?" which while ridiculous completely derailed the thread into a near unfalseable subtopic. It was pretty hilarious.

The Flat Earth Society is not in any way responsible for the failure of the French to repel the Germans at the Maginot Line during WWII. Nor is the Flat Earth Society responsible for the recent yeti sightings outside the Vatican, or for the unfortunate enslavement of the Nabisco Inc. factory employees by a rogue hamster insurrectionist group. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the loss of one or more of the following, which may possibly occur as the result of exposing one's self to the dogmatic and dangerously subversive statements made within: life, limb, vision, Francois Mitterand, hearing, taste, smell, touch, thumb, Aunt Mildred, citizenship, spleen, bedrock, cloves, I Love Lucy reruns, toaster, pine derby racer, toy duck, antelope, horseradish, prosthetic ankle, double-cheeseburger, tin foil, limestone, watermelon-scented air freshner, sanity, paprika, German to Pig Latin dictionary, dish towel, pet Chihuahua, pogo stick, Golf Digest subscription, floor tile, upper torso or halibut.

LOL OMG

There are "true believers" there but mostly it's a combination of a troll tank and people that just like practicing their debate skills on topics they wouldn't otherwise try to defend.

One of the best arguments I read there involved tectonic plates/continental drift and how it wouldn't work on a "flat earth" and cited how dinosaurs were on all the continents etc as evidence they were once all connected.

So the Flat Earther suggested "how do we know dinosaurs couldn't have made primitive boats?" which while ridiculous completely derailed the thread into a near unfalseable subtopic. It was pretty hilarious.

I suppose defending a false argument would be a good way to develop debate skills. It would force you to be extra careful about -fallacies- present in your own arguments.