leave me alone about my posts

A Childs Mind

Ok so i cant spell and i have bad grammer plz stop picking on me. just becaus i cant spell dosint mean im not smart.

But you probably know that "please" is a word of 6 letters, not 3 (as in "plz")...

We don't mind a mistake, but do not use sms-language. Your post is allowed to be longer than 160 characters.

Not to mention that english is not the native language of a significant number of our users. What this means is that they will have an incredibly difficult time understanding you. English is my native language and even I find it hard to decipher what you mean.

Oh and Acronyms are not 'txt spk' which is a whole different thing.

When you attempt to communicate in a given environment, you use the conventions of that environment if you wish to be understood.

If people are telling you that they cannot understand what you are saying, this is indicative of a problem with your communication skills, not theirs.

When you attempt to communicate in a given environment, you use the conventions of that environment if you wish to be understood.

If people are telling you that they cannot understand what you are saying, this is indicative of a problem with your communication skills, not theirs.

good piont i will work on it. To be Honest this is my first forum

just because i cant spell doesn't mean I'm not smart.

I used google spell check, which you can install into the google tool bar for the above...hey presto.

You'll find we don't make assumptions about somebodies intelligence, solely based on their grammatical and spelling skills, due to dyslexia or English being a second language et.c. Although my English is pretty sound, I still have spell check installed. What you need to understand though, is if you're going to present an argument in a science environment, these skills are beneficial in the clarity and coherencey of your points.

If you're writing online, spelling really shouldn't be an issue, as per my example above.

EDIT: Oops, several responses whilst I was typing mine.

Which is more important: style or content?

As long as the post is intelligible (like the original post in this thread), does it matter, really, if the grammar isn't perfect? I'd take A Childs Mind's posting style over something like this any day.

Which is more important: style or content?

Well, content...but I would not class grammar and spelling as style.

As long as the post is intelligible (like the original post in this thread), does it matter, really, if the grammar isn't perfect? I'd take A Childs Mind's posting style over something like this any day.

I don't think anybody is arguing that use of grammar on here must be perfect, it just needs to be at a suitable level so that an argument isn't muddied. But yes, you do get posts that are very elaborate and flowery in the use of English, where the content on the other hand is just b*llocks.

The way I see it, if you don't exert the bare minimum effort to form a coherent question, how can you expect anyone to take the effort to try to decipher what you're getting at and give you a worthwhile answer?