Essay

Hitman47

i need to do an essay on tuesday of wheater one ruler can govern a nation or state by himself?

what i think is that it is impossible to govern by yourself, because u need to know what the people want. (democracy)

and governing by yourself will pretty cause greedy in the ruler and will start breaking the rules

these are my ideas (i.e King Louis, monarchy)

is that good what else should i think of?

you will always have to have subordinates to whom you are wiling to delegate power, but if you are willing to do that, of course one person can do these things. Hitler did it, the Roman Emperors did it, Fidel Castro and Saddam Hussain are still doing it, and so on.

I believe that your conclusion is somewhat flawed however, since the problem is usually that the only people to rise to that sort of power are megalomaniacal anyway, and the greed problem is something inherent in them, as opposed to inherent in gaining the position. There have been numerous benevolant dictators, who, while nothing amazing, would do very well given the right ircumstances, which personally is why I think the US government is opressing cuba in the way that it is. (in other words, I think castro's regieme would be rather successful without all the embargoes)

well after reading some of the chapter summaries i dont understand jack what the hell he is saying.:-(

Well here is what i need to do i need to choose one to do. Which one seems easier?

Julius Caesar

Essay Prompts

Select one of the prompts for your essay on Julius Caesar

1.Through history and the literature we have read, we have seen that historians and writers often argue that society is unable to rule itself appropriately. Look for evidence in Julius Caesar, Lord of the Flies, and from the French revolution to argue whether or not man should govern and lead himself. Make sure to look at examples from modern governments as well to defend your position.

or

2Our society is a success story when looking at governments run by the people. But many societies in history did not use a democracy and thrived long enough for us to learn of their successes. Many kings and queens have successfully lead their nations to greatness, but did not have to go through the people to gain their power. In this prompt, you are asked to argue your position as to whether or not leaders should be selected by the people. Have examples from Julius Caesar, Lord of the Flies, and the French Revolution to argue your point. Look at other successful governments as well to strengthen your arguments.