Making a black hole around yourself

Mr Skeptic

Suppose I wanted to make a black hole around myself (not fall into one, make one around me), just to see what it was like. Suppose I could move around the insane amounts of matter required to do so. The question is, what would that look like?

Below is my proposal for how I might make a 1 light-year radius black hole around me:

A total of 6.37 X 1042 kg of matter is required, and must be contained within a radius of 1 light year to form the black hole. See calculation, it uses the Schwarzschild radius equation.

In my scenario, I arrange the 6.37 X 1042 kg of matter into little (relatively) spherical masses arranged symmetrically along a larger sphere of radius 1.1 light years and drop them. This way, most of the sky should be visible to me, and I have some time to watch the process start. I'm .5 light years from the center, watching. The masses should start falling and a black hole should form when the matter is contained in the 1 light year sphere.

I know that for inverse square gravity, being inside a sphere of mass you would feel no force because it all cancels. Would this be true of GR gravity as well?

Anyhow, in the above scenario, what would I see? Would I feel any forces? Would I even be able to notice when the black hole forms around me? Would I be able to observe the masses falling after the black hole forms?

I know that eventually, the masses will fall past (in which case, I will definitely start falling) or on me, making being hit by a ton of bricks laughable in comparison.

Suppose I wanted to make a black hole around myself (not fall into one, make one around me), just to see what it was like. Suppose I could move around the insane amounts of matter required to do so. The question is, what would that look like?

Below is my proposal for how I might make a 1 light-year radius black hole around me:

A total of 6.37 X 1042 kg of matter is required, and must be contained within a radius of 1 light year to form the black hole. See calculation, it uses the Schwarzschild radius equation.

In my scenario, I arrange the 6.37 X 1042 kg of matter into little (relatively) spherical masses arranged symmetrically along a larger sphere of radius 1.1 light years and drop them. This way, most of the sky should be visible to me, and I have some time to watch the process start. I'm .5 light years from the center, watching. The masses should start falling and a black hole should form when the matter is contained in the 1 light year sphere.

I know that for inverse square gravity, being inside a sphere of mass you would feel no force because it all cancels. Would this be true of GR gravity as well?

Anyhow, in the above scenario, what would I see? Would I feel any forces? Would I even be able to notice when the black hole forms around me? Would I be able to observe the masses falling after the black hole forms?

I know that eventually, the masses will fall past (in which case, I will definitely start falling) or on me, making being hit by a ton of bricks laughable in comparison.

I think it would look just as you describe.

A comforting thought while you are watching it all is the Darwin Award you will likely receive. (they will probably just jettison it into the black hole in your honour):D

I think you would feel no force until the masses either hit you, or missed you whereas you would feel sudden and then increasing tidal forces leading to your spaghettification.

I think you would see everything form as you describe, other than a increasing blueshift from the speed of the masses when the light leaves them. Nothing unusual would happen when the 1 light year radius was reached and as the black hole started to exist.

Presumably there would be no gravertational issues, just no graverty, you could walk on the ultra-dence mass except you would try and end up pushing yourself and float away.

What would happen temprolay would be more intresting.