Genetic Reincarnation of Genes

wade.daniel.w

I recently came to wonder, with genetic code changing with each new reproduction, is it possible our existence as an individual is recreated later down the line, obviously we wouldn't have the same brain or memories (almost like a clone). Also, do any memories get passed genetically (is that what instincts are)? Anyone thought of this before?

Theoretically, but the odds are so incredibly long that it's basically never going to happen. It's far less likely than winning the lottery every day for a year straight.

"Theoretically, but the odds are so incredibly long that it's basically never going to happen. It's far less likely than winning the lottery every day for a year straight."

is this for each individual (making it extremely unlikely that this has EVER happened) or the odds for a single individual? In other words, is it possible for several individuals alive today to be exact genetic replications of previously living people (ranging throughout mans existence)? Or are the odds so great even that is borderline impossible?

what if the "soul" is part of our genetic code? is it possible that is passed along? In other words is it possible for the part of you, that is you, not just your body, to be a part of that code and to be passed along? Meaning your existence would be recreated due to this genetic sequence if that makes sense.

Edited by wade.daniel.w
reconsidered

now if we follow this backward a lot of code is traits etc... what kind of genetic code is in us that doesn't help determine traits? Or is unaccounted for? each time a child is born half of the traits come from each side, are there genes that are passed from both sides? Is there a like a "head gene" picking out what traits to add to the chain, or what is the precursor used when selecting traits?

If I recall correctly, the Goa'uld pass their memories and those of their ancestors on genetically from one generation to the next.

Depet reshwet herew: 'And now I awaken only to die again'

If I recall correctly, the Goa'uld pass their memories and those of their ancestors on genetically from one generation to the next.

Depet reshwet herew: 'And now I awaken only to die again'

lol, no dude I wiki'd this it's stargate sg1.

now if we follow this backward a lot of code is traits etc... what kind of genetic code is in us that doesn't help determine traits? Or is unaccounted for? each time a child is born half of the traits come from each side, are there genes that are passed from both sides? Is there a like a "head gene" picking out what traits to add to the chain, or what is the precursor used when selecting traits?

There is plenty of genetic code that does not directly result in a protein product, but much that is regulatory, and much that is structural, some the remains of old retroviruses, some from transposons, etc etc.

For diploid organisms like humans, every organism has two sets of every gene (except for those on sex chromosomes), one set that came from mom and one set that came from dad. When it's time for you to have kids, half of your genes (some from your mom and some from your dad) and half of your mate's genes (some from you're mate's mom and some from your mate's dad) get passed down. But it's random what goes where. There's no active mechanism directing this process.

There is plenty of genetic code that does not directly result in a protein product, but much that is regulatory, and much that is structural, some the remains of old retroviruses, some from transposons, etc etc.

For diploid organisms like humans, every organism has two sets of every gene (except for those on sex chromosomes), one set that came from mom and one set that came from dad. When it's time for you to have kids, half of your genes (some from your mom and some from your dad) and half of your mate's genes (some from you're mate's mom and some from your mate's dad) get passed down. But it's random what goes where. There's no active mechanism directing this process.

random? Do you think it's possible that it's just an unexplained method of distribution, or is it genuinely random?

random? Do you think it's possible that it's just an unexplained method of distribution, or is it genuinely random?

It's genuinely random. That's a simplification but true to the overall result. Check out the wikipedia page on meisos:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiosis

This is the process by which gametes (eggs and sperm) are made, and how your genes from your dad and your genes from your mom get distributed in various combinations into your gametes. Then of those gametes it's random which one becomes a full egg in females and which of the many sperm created in males manages to get to the egg first.

It depends on whether you want the two individuals to have completely identical DNA, or just that they are the same genes and any differences are indistinguishable. The first would be insanely improbable, and the second only absurdly impossible. On the other hand, identical twins have the same genes, and are more identical than clones would be.

Any of the bull about the soul being related to DNA is shredded by looking at identical twins. They have many similarities, including many behavioral and personality similarities, but they can be extremely different in many aspects.

too people with all the same dna except the ones that would have to seperate them as male and female. could they reproduce?

Yes, in theory. But their genetic variability would be terribly limited, perhaps fatally so for the child (who will have half the genetic variability of the two parents). It would be far worse than incest or sibling marriage from a genetics point of view.

I think I read about the chances of an identical person being born in the region of 10 to the power of 30. So if you wait long enough and have all the DNA patterns stored on enough ID chips as a comparison - you never know....?

You're talking a population on the order of an empire spanning 200 quintillion planets each developed to about the same level as Earth.

I'm not sure the odds are quite that low, as genes are not inherited completely independently, but mainly in large groups (aka chromosomes). Yes, there is some exchange of genes between different homologous chromosomes (and unfortunately I cannot find any data for the frequency of that happening in humans).

However, even if you start with identical twin fathers marrying identical twin mothers, the odds that their children will inherit the same assortment of 22 chromosomes is infinitesimal. For that matter, consecutive children of the same parents have the same odds, but you hardly ever hear about identical twins being born several years apart :rolleyes:

I think I read about the chances of an identical person being born in the region of 10 to the power of 30. So if you wait long enough and have all the DNA patterns stored on enough ID chips as a comparison - you never know....?

By the time it would (statistically) have happened, evolution would probably have caused at least one of the alleles to have dropped out of the population, making an exact duplicate impossibleish. (OK, with mutation you could regain the allele, but it's still pretty unlikely).

• 8 years later...

Remember the amount of alleles we're all made of may be a set amount of types,  but the actual formation is beyond count,  the varying sequences could match past ancestors on different levels such as dominant and resessive genes however it's the genetic sequencial structure in the brain along with other impacting factors that would be directly linked to memory. Basically even if your brain was a trace copy of an ancestors, modern brain stimulus during growth and expansion would be over writing it in order to adapt to its environment becoming a different version all together. In other words you are your code, even if you are reformed it will be as a baby and you will not know of anything till your brain forms, including yourself and surroundings.. 

Edited by Gravekeeperdynasty