good passwords

coke

I had to abandon my password recently for an account of mine after realizing too many people know it

Anyone know any good passwords? just post whatever passwords you use and I'll pick the best one :D

The reason I can't find a good one is because I like them to be comfortable to write quickly, having a similar amount of letters from each side of the keyboard, etc, etc, etc.

Edited by coke

yeah guess so:-p ... seriously can't think of a decent password

well how about a less stupid question then:

Which is better?

Zombies...or hookers?

Hmm

Zombies...hookers

Zombies...hookers

Now you don't have to choose

Adult Swim Games brings you

Zombie Hooker Nightmare

You're a hooker

Fighting a variety of zombies

With a variety of weapons

Turning tricks with a variety of...

Well the johns are all pretty much the same

Play Zombie Hooker Nightmare

On AdultSwim.com

You're gonna give it

As good as you get it.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Sorry, just felt like writing out a random commercial...

Actually I kind of like the commercial, see it here:

The game? Well honestly adult swim games are not very good.

Edited by Cap'n Refsmmat
Sparf.

Try "Thisisreallysaf3"

I use that for all my financial passwords, I highly recommend you change all your accounts to it. Out of curiosity, what online bank do you use? I only ask because I can let you know if it's a generally secure institution or not.

My method is to use Chemical Formula, all the best/Strong passwords are a combo of letters and numbers, And it`s easy to code the passy so you don`t forget, IE/

C12H22O11 you can write down "Sugar" as a reminder.

but it gets Really cool where the password text is Case Sensitive, you can get really funky like;

Na2CO310H2O you can write down "Washing soda".

just a thought ;)

My method is to use Chemical Formula, all the best/Strong passwords are a combo of letters and numbers, And it`s easy to code the passy so you don`t forget, IE/

but it gets Really cool where the password text is Case Sensitive, you can get really funky like;

just a thought ;)

Nerdy. I approve!

I use ******** for most things ;-)

Seriously, YT's aproach might be easy to remember but its vulnerable to a dictionary search- you just need the right dictionary. Having said that, it meets the requirements for passwords where I work in that it uses upper and lower case letters and numbers. Maybe I will use it. Does anyone else care if I compromise the GSN?

Another aproach is to use something like

IMBTFOLPO

GMEOITSTAMSASD

Anyone recognise that?

I think one of the best ways to make a password is to start with a long phrase, e.g.:

thequickbrownfox

That's 16 characters long! Not too shabby. Easy to remember too. The problem is this password is composed completely of dictionary words. So, obfuscate it with numbers and symbols, and mixed case if you like. And for added fun, throw a number on the end:

Th3qu!ckBr0wnf0+82

The result is a password that's long and relatively easy to remember after you memorize which letters you changed into symbols. Nobody is ever going to guess it by accident or brute force.

thanks, great ideas,

although if you think I'm using the chemical one, you're dreaming...

not that much of a nerd :P

thequickbrownfox is a good one

especially with some letters capital, because my left pinky can press SHIFT (usually it gets left out because there are no letters to press with it, so it feels kind of weird just hanging in the air...

In any case I've decided on a new password. It is written somewhere on this page. And right now I'm only using Wells Fargo, why do you ask?

What are those, btw, John?

Edited by coke

I've once used the password ******. Not a particularly good one, but you can tell people your password and they will think you are an idiot.

is your password 'skeptic' ?

i tend to use my favourite New York city addresses as passwords.

For example:

Hooters the titty bar is on 57th street and 8th avenue thus the password would be

"57thand8th" a nice combination of letters and numbers.

If I need a password reminder, I just think of burgers and breasts and if neccesary, look at a street map of New York.

Others include

34thand5th - Empire state building

9thand33rd - hayden planetarium

christopherand6th - Bar 55 jazz club

p.s. none of the above are passwords I actually use

Mandatory Bash reference:

#244321 +(8400)- [X]

<Cthon98> hey, if you type in your pw, it will show as stars

<Cthon98> ********* see!

<AzureDiamond> hunter2

<AzureDiamond> doesnt look like stars to me

<Cthon98> <AzureDiamond> *******

<Cthon98> thats what I see

<AzureDiamond> oh, really?

<Cthon98> Absolutely

<AzureDiamond> you can go hunter2 my hunter2-ing hunter2

<AzureDiamond> haha, does that look funny to you?

<Cthon98> lol, yes. See, when YOU type hunter2, it shows to us as *******

<AzureDiamond> thats neat, I didnt know IRC did that

<Cthon98> yep, no matter how many times you type hunter2, it will show to us as *******

<AzureDiamond> awesome!

<AzureDiamond> wait, how do you know my pw?

<Cthon98> er, I just copy pasted YOUR ******'s and it appears to YOU as hunter2 cause its your pw

<AzureDiamond> oh, ok.

just a thought ;)

I do the same, using names of my favorite chemicals. If the password allows, they often have hyphens and commas as well. Some of mine are in the 30s as far as numbers of characters.

Examples (not my actual passwords):

diethyleneglycoldibutylether

1,2,4-trichlorobenzene

coppersulfatepentahydrate

dinitrogenpentoxide

6-bromoindole

Open a dictionary, pick a word. Any word. Done. That ensures that the word is not linked to any surfing behavior you have, it's not linked to your profession or to you in any way. Add a few numbers (preferably random), and you're ok.

Remember that Google can decipher your emailing behavior, and also browsing behavior. How difficult would it be for them to hack all your passwords you think (apart from the fact that "your new password has been sent to your email" - I meant that technology exists to find words and things that relate to you).

Personally, I just write my random passwords (which are hard to remember) on a paper... nobody is going to snoop around in my stuff to find that... and it's an offline password storage, which cannot be hacked. Then again, I don't have a little sister who hates me with all the time in the world to dig through my stuff... if you have one, don't write any passwords down :D

You know what i think is very probable?

Say you create an account at some site...i.e. here where they ask for an email and you need to login with a password...

I'm sure a large percentage of people would have the same password for the site as theire email. Say a person from the site can find out that password, and check your emails.

I think most people have like 2 or 3 passwords, and they just use different ones, undoubtedly repeating... I reccomend always never using the same password as your email, though, as I described above it will be very easy single step...