Should I have done anything?

abskebabs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A freakin Machete? And your police arent armed?

Damn...not much can go against a machete...except a sawed off pistol grip shotgun...but then your police dont carry guns...

You all should carry trench spikes which are like brass knuckles+a 6 inch stabbing balde attached to the knuckes.

yeah, they have those as well.

the knife crime over here is actually pretty bad. if you wander through paisley when the clubs are closing(being in paisley is a crap idea even in broad daylight) you'll likely see at least three people who've been stabbed getting loaded into ambulances and another 15 getting arrested with the police confiscating multiple weapons per person.

See this is why I wish a society would be heavily influenced by honour and hand to hand combat. You have a dispute? Duke it out, may the better man win. one on one, when the fight is over it's over.

I understand that we are primitive beings so I mean living in zero violence society is improbable.

Now it's who can gather enough people to gang up on one person, or who has the bigger faster weapon....

There is no beauty in that. hand to hand combat though....it's art ;) I'll promote it as much as I can in hope it might actually change peoples minds....doubt it will though.

See this is why I wish a society would be heavily influenced by honour and hand to hand combat. You have a dispute? Duke it out, may the better man win. one on one, when the fight is over it's over.

I understand that we are primitive beings so I mean living in zero violence society is improbable.

Now it's who can gather enough people to gang up on one person, or who has the bigger faster weapon....

There is no beauty in that. hand to hand combat though....it's art ;) I'll promote it as much as I can in hope it might actually change peoples minds....doubt it will though.

One on one isn't a fair fight if you are 5'6" tall and 145 lbs; but your opponent is 6'10" tall and 270 lbs. Oh, and by the way your opponent lifts weights A LOT and is a karate blackbelt. And he's really messed up in the head after coming back from Iraq where they say he liked killing people...

There will always be inequities. That is why we have systems of law so that everyones rights are respected and we don't have to resort to whoever is biggest, or whose got the biggest knife or fastest gun, or who has the biggest posse. With an impartial judge, and the ability of both sides to have trained lawyers "fight" for you, everyone becomes as equal as is possible this side of heaven.

Well don't pick fights with people who are that big. That's what I meant by having honour. If two willing contestants want to duke it out fine....the bigger guy won't hit you unless you give him a reason to...he has honour...a silly notion but I think would work well.

And just because some is bigger than you doesn't totally mean they will lose. Size matter but lets say you have a guy at 6'3 230 vs a guy at 6'0 180...but the guy at 180 practiced mixed martial arts his whole life, and has full contact experience (whom is actually well skilled as well, just having experience isn't an indicator of a good fighter)....and the other guy hasn't fault in his life....

trust me...the bigger guy is going down.

Karate isn't the best alone I should of mentioned that...really a person should be well versed in all aspects of combat, and then have practical experience as well, in as close to realistic combat as possible.

It's true your way is probably best, but I like combat....can'thelp it...therefore my reason for posting the idea.

If people were honorable, there would not be any fights at all (unless agreed to between both sides for their entertainment) now would there? But not everyone has honor.

What if the fight picks you? By that, let me give you an example. For some reason, it doesn't matter why, you have a large amount of cash with you. As you walk to the bank to deposit it, this big guy decides he is going to take your money. You are not big enough, or skilled enough to win the fight, so he takes it. What now? You just lost in a "fair" fight after all.

I know size doesn't always matter in a fight, but my point is that there are naturally going to be people who are more skilled and some who are less. You can't change that, you simply cannot no matter what. Even the greatest professional fighters get old and eventually lose. Muhammed Ali was quite possibly the greatest boxer of all time; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammed_Ali . In his prime, I'd agree he could beat anyone alive. I'm sure pretty much everyone here could win in a fight against Muhammed Ali today, considering his age and suffering with Parkinsons disease. Not that it would be honorable at all to fight an old, crippled man.