home made acid?

anonymous6059

I know i know don't make a thread if there is already one on it. There are plenty of acid threads all around still i haven't found one single thread on making a acid that can eat through stainless steel, carbon steel carbon fiber wrap Damascus steel .... can a homemade acid eat through any of this stuff? maybe a sulfuric acid or a hydrochloric acid ..

oxidizers are always a good choice, although dangerous...

after all, what is acid? HCl = hydrogen(a poor reducer) + chlorine(a good oxidizer)

if you're trying to find a good acid that may be at your home, consider something like "the Works" i use it as if it was pure 20% HCl because basically its pure 20% HCl with a little blue tint... and its pretty cheap, 2$ a liter...

you can also try a hardware or pool maintainance store, they probably have some HCl of good concentration.

if you're trying to make it yourself, that may be harder... i suppose you could electrolyse a salt or something, but not without some hefty equipment.

But be careful!

Edited by max.yevs

its not a plan at all its more of a thought. I just see on youtube and other places people putting coins and stuff in acid and it goes pretty fast. So i figure if i ever had a reason to get rid of something small and important i could make a batch of acid up in a jar and throw it in there and a few days pass and its gone. just seems like a good solution in a tight spot. be prepared, right

in most criminal cases where someone has tried to destroy evidence by dissolving in acid, it has turned out to be innefficient and not entirely useful. So many of the objects you mention above consist of parts which would dissolve and parts which wouldnt. You'd need to spend a long time working at it to chemically corrode everything.

Best not to commit the crime in the first place in my opinion.

Also best not to piss about with incredibly dangerous chemicals, thinking it's "cool". Of course you can't tell that to anyone here.

i understand its not a good idea to commit a crime. I haven't since 10th grade. which is near ten years ago now. Still even at my age i think chemicals are entertaining. So what is the point of raining on my parade? Can no one tell me of a single acid that might eat through a chuck of steel ?!?!

chemicals are entertaining...especially at my age... i especially like the halogens, they're the most corrosive group of elements. I'm not suggesting you do this, but a glock would be like a firework if you drop it in a bucket of bromine. You'll get left with a fine powder of metal bromides.

you know those acids you saw in movies as a kid, that if you drop on the floor burn through several floors of solid metal? I hate to say most aren't this reactive. Concentrated sulfuric acid and nitric acid are pretty powerful though. And most acids would probably eat through a block of steel eventually.

Still I would say that oxidizers are better, except that the only one i can think of that's liquid is bromine. Chlorine is easy to condense into liquid with some ice, salt, and water, its entertainingly corrosive. Liquid oxygen- just watch it on youtube. spill it on a piece of wood, and you'll get an inferno. But just to condense oxygen you'd need liquid nitrogen, its boiling point is like 200 degrees below chlorine's.

I wonder if the bullets would go off while the glock is dissolving.

Edited by max.yevs