The Ethics thread

matter

don't get mad at me, I know there is a Biomedical Ethics forums but this thread is meant to be different. I had an idea to discuss everyday ethical decisions. If my idea sucks go ahead and let me know. So heres my question.

If an underage girl does everything in her power to seduce you what do you do?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I guess you're right. it's a pretty straightforward solution. but what if that person is weak? is it ethical to be judgemental of their self control when a girl is all over them?

yeah I guess you're right. it's a pretty straightforward solution. but what if that person is weak? is it ethical to be judgemental of their self control when a girl is all over them?

well, if you're only thinking with your Blinky(My Fellow Americans), then as long as he's happy..... :D

Well first be sure she's actually underage for the state you live in... like alot of people here in FL don't know the age of consent is 16 (if the other person is under 24, 18 otherwise). If you're under 18, there probably won't be a problem either.

But otherwise, just stay friends until shes legal, then go for it.

The law and sexual relations are not linked via marrage. Although the idea of absence prior to marriage is quaint draconian tradition, free will supercedes all religious law invented in the middle ages.

edit: not what I'd tell my children, obviously.

thank her for the compliment and walk away.

if she persists, obtain information from her with regards to address and fone number, and then tell her parents (idealy with evidence).

understandable as an initial impulse maybe, but would you want to spend all your time with someone that only likes one aspect of you? I think he has a point, I certainly wouldn`t want to be with someone that considered me as a single quality persona.

understandable as an initial impulse maybe, but would you want to spend all your time with someone that only likes one aspect of you? I think he has a point, I certainly wouldn`t want to be with someone that considered me as a single quality persona.

I stiil think you shouldnt run away.You had the best solution YT2095. :P

Is your ethical question one of breaking the law or is it one of taking advantage of an immature girl? In the state of Mass, the age of consent is just like fafalone said it was in Florida. In my state it's 15. In Hawaii and Idaho it's 14. Personally, ethically, I think 16 is a much more mature age. If she is a great deal underage, is she being seductive because she's horny or is she just pissed off at her parents and wants to get pregnant, move out, get married, have a baby and live happily ever after? Also, is this happening to you or to a friend?

I guess I was asking why it's wrong to disagree with something when someone else wants it so badly. I'm not just asking about ya know looks and words, i'm talking about if she kisses you, or grabs you, or something. If a guy is weak what is he to do?

on a side note, anybody have any other every day ethical dilemas?

So the law isn't the ethical problem. You are assuming she'll never tell anyone who might report you. Since I didn't get answers to all my questions, I'm going to assume this girl is 14 or 15 (any younger and you are definitely in trouble in many ways). I'm also assuming you were not pushing her away as she was kissing you, so you've already given her your consent. Ethics comes into it because you must feel she is too young to know what she is doing. What you really need to find out is where she wants this all to lead. Why does she want this so badly? Does she want a quick fling? Does she want to lose her virginity? Does she want a relationship? Does she want to make her parents angry? Does she want you to buy her booze? Does she want to hang out with someone older who's attracted to her, and thinks that you'll only do that if she sleeps with you?

on a side note, anybody have any other every day ethical dilemas?
you`re an animal rights activist and strict vegetarian. you`re asked to eat a burger, you refuse, then you`re told that if you don`t eat it, 2 cows will be killed as a result. what do you do?