Can something be/exist outside time?

Inquisitor

Just a thought:

Imagine time as an unending spiral staircase, with the steps representing the smallest of time possible. As we move along the staircase, we can see only little ahead and behind us in time.

But there is something there that exist in every time, both in past and in future. That is the central column that supports the staircase of time.

So, if we imagine God as being the supporting pillar in the staircase of time, then God can be in both future and past at the same time!

Sorted!

I had this idea as I was climbing a spiral staircase, trying to keep up with Francis Crick! :eyebrow:

Hi again!

Thank you for clearing time for me! (what a clever pun of words, we are all agog -ed)

BTW just realized the question was moot. You see, God, according to Bible, created earth in six days, so CLEARLY He is a creature of time. Well, inside christian theology, anyway. Why the geezer thought God exists outside time is a question I had better put to the said preacher the next time I see him! He clearly is a Heretic! Well, here comes the Inquisitor!

Well we Christians think that he is a creature of omnipotent-time -manipulation of you will. "A day is a thousand years and a thousand years a day to our lord."

This is basically saying that time holds no meaning for the Judeo-Christian God.

Obviously this is illogical and can never be proven and goes against all temporal physics, but cmon, its just what we believe. Dont start throwing equations at us.

He can create everything, he came from nothing and knows all, but you are hung up on the fact that we think time is indifferent to him, as it were?

Thats one of the smaller irrational things aobut our God.

Basically, we think that if you can control time, it holds no meaning for you.

:cool:

well Time is just an ilousion. so by theory someone would be able to exsist outside of out time span. Ie. God being a high source of power. and the belife of others that he dose exsist would make it higly posible that we created a god out of out ignorence and put him in a whole nother plain of Existence

If a super Intelligent being created an abstract dimension ie time

I'm pretty sure he would have the ability to alter it to his needs

and/or navigate its entirety...

Yes I would say time would not affect this individual in any "real" sense.

Except by observation thereof.

but its just higly inprobable that someone or something has the thought power to beable to creat this vastly expaniding univers. and inacuality if he didcreat this he did not creat time. time is a man mad invention.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
but its just higly inprobable that someone or something has the thought power to beable to creat this vastly expaniding univers. and inacuality if he didcreat this he did not creat time. time is a man mad invention.

and in quote to my perivious post

If we created time. Hence forth we created god if he dose infact excist ouside of our time.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

But cometo think of it.....isint it highly inprobably that we came to be. that everything is perfectly balenced. the moon, the erths rotation. the perfect distience from the sun. dosint that strike anyone as odd. Kinda proves that we do infact live in an improbable univers

Hmmm I recommend the book "The new time travelers"

It discusses this question in depth...a very good read

But anyway, saying that a "God" created the universe is more comforting than saying that "the universe fell together."

Who decided that matter should exist?

What decided it should exist?

Nobody, nothing?

Think about it...what happened before the big bang?

trillions of years before the big bang what happened?

Mind boggling isn't it?

And if you say that we originated from a previous universe, well where did that universe come from?

Like I said, he may as well be asking how much does yellow weigh. :D

Wouldn't the weight of yellow equal the weight of a single photon of light at the frequency that we perceive as said color? If so, it would be zero, as a photon is light, and light is the only form of matter we are aware of that has no mass, and therefore no weight. So am I right in saying that yellow weighs nothing?

Wouldn't the weight of yellow equal the weight of a single photon of light at the frequency that we perceive as said color? If so, it would be zero, as a photon is light, and light is the only form of matter we are aware of that has no mass, and therefore no weight. So am I right in saying that yellow weighs nothing?

lol. im sry but im a man who loves randomeness. and color has no weight. its just a a refection on obejects to creat the oposit color

No. The photon is massless, and the color is an attribute of that massless particle. The only correct description is that the question, "how much does yellow weigh" is completely meaningless, since weight/mass describes the photon itself, not its frequency.

no. The photon is massless, and the color is an attribute of that massless particle. The only correct description is that the question, "how much does yellow weigh" is completely meaningless, since weight/mass describes the photon itself, not its frequency.

claps hands