how do i test my reaction time

dpt90

Get a stopwatch, like the ones coaches wear around their necks. See who can start and stop it in the shortest time. I bet you can't do faster than 17 hundreths of a second.

Other than that, your question is WAY too vague. Reaction time to what? Visual? Auditory? Touch? What about response type? Are you simply wondering how fast you can move your arm, or how fast the pupil dilates, or how fast you blink, or how fast you start running after a gun is shot into the air? Is there any processing involved, like solving an equation or fitting a puzzle piece into an opening? These are all reaction time studies, but you haven't clarified what you are looking to do. Think some more about that piece while you're clicking your stopwatches.

lol we did the stopwatch thing already :P

i got 15 hundreths of a second a few times :D. the fastest i did was 11 hundreths but i only got that once.....

me and my mate talked and we decided on reacting to visual stimulus. like watch for a change in something and do something thats meta-physically challenging.

I don't think the stopwatch thing is really testing reaction time. You're not reacting to anything, you're just pushing a button twice. It would have to be one of you starting it and the other stopping. But that wouldn't really work either, since you wouldn't be reacting to the watch starting, you'd be reacting to the other's thumb starting to tense up and move. Maybe include a fake-out rule, where if the you hit the stop button when the other guy hasn't hit start you automatically lose?

Of course, all of this is testing the reaction time of something you're entirely expecting at your peak level of alertness. You really want to test his reaction time, whip a tennis ball at his head from the side while he's eating breakfast.*

*Note: By doing this, you assume full responsibility for all consequences.

Take a 12 inch plastic ruler. Have a helper hold it between you almost closed forefinger and thumb such that the 0 is level with the center of your thumb.. Put a sheet of cardboard so that you cann see his hand. When he drops it, grasp it as quickly as possible. Measure where the center of your thumb is now. Work out the free fall equation for the time.