Is the chloroplast considered a cell?

cheungcheung

They both have vacuoles, however the distinction is that animal cells have many small ones, and plant cells have one big one.

And as far chloroplasts being cells... they may have been their own cells at some point in the past (search this site, or google, for 'endosymbiotic theory' or just 'endosymbiosis'); but they're not now.

just remember, if the teacher is not an active in his/her field and aquiring new information, then his/her worth is only as good as the book that they teach from.

Well, i would think that he knows more than the book he teaches from. That is difinite. But, is it possible that he hasn't heard of it? Strange.....

Aommaster,

You're the one making the mistake here. Take a look at the link to the livercell YT posted and you will see that is there is a VACUOLE amongst the other cellstructures. As I said, animalcells also have vacuoles, just not all kinds of animalcells have them. And, I DO know what the difference is between vesicles and vacuoles.. It's ok for you to critisize the things I say, but make sure that you know what you're talking about so please, the next time you accuse somebody of making a GIGANTIC mistake, make sure the things he or she stated are absolutely untrue ;). No hard feelings.

Edit: Didn't see the second page, still vacuoles and vesicles are not the same thing