Why relativity is wrong

wespe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youve completely changed my mind about relativity. This, in conjunction with my refrigerator magnet as proof of god has persuaded me to leave school and instead focus on my career as a member of the clergy attempting to debunk the theories science has created. my first objective is to prove that snickers bars dont exist.

Not only is that the most moronic flash movie I've ever seen, a very important manager just came up behind me while the childish crap was on my screen. Now she either thinks I'm a moron or lazy.

tell her that she misunderstood your intentions and that in fact you were compiling a list of sites to be blocked by your server :)

you were acting in the companies best interests during your own time, and btw, any chance of that Raise? :))

I don't get it... is anything supposed the happen in it except sit there with one clock that says "0" and another that says "5"? I pushed the play button but neither moved. What happens in it?

Well, the two claocks start ticking and one is 5 second faster. The supposedly send light waves into space until both overlap. Astronauts see the light waves of the two clocks and take an average of the time they see. Whereever they stand it is the same time. And with that, it says relativity could be wrong!

Basically it's two clocks floating in space and an observer in the middle. We are to assume the observer is some distance away from each clock so that the light from the clocks reaches him several seconds later.

The animation shows that if you average the time you see on each clock, no matter where you are between the clocks, you will get the same answer.

But if the two clocks and the observer are all stationary, and relative to each other aren't moving, then isn't that what relativity says would happen anyway? Not sure if I'm thinking about this case in the right way, but I thought relativity and time dilation were really only noticed when things actually moved, and usually close to the speed of light, and behaved just as normal at zero or very low velocities, like on Earth and these stationary objects in the flash.

Ok, here's an extra explanation for you:

All the astronauts - on the line between the stationary clocks - will calculate the same average value, simultaneously, whether they are stationary, moving with a constant speed, or even accelerating. Therefore, there can be no mutual time dilation. (Just imagine two rows of synchronized clocks passing by). And the relativity of simultaneity is likewise a paradox. With this setup I have shown that it is possible to define absolute time and simultaneity, and with a little thinking you can figure out absolute space too.

Thank you for your time,

wespe - anonymous

All the astronauts - on the line between the stationary clocks - will calculate the same average value' date=' simultaneously, whether they are stationary, moving with a constant speed, or even accelerating. Therefore, there can be no mutual time dilation. (Just imagine two rows of synchronized clocks passing by). And the relativity of simultaneity is likewise a paradox. With this setup I have shown that it is possible to define absolute time and simultaneity

[/quote']

I couldn't get the page to load, but: No, you haven't.

It sounds like you've shown that the astronaut will get a consistent answer if he reads a clock in an inertial frame. That silence you hear is the lack of anybody being bowled over by that revelation.

What does the astronaut's clock read?

CLOCK1 -> 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
             1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 <- CLOCK2

^  ^  ^  ^  (astronauts)
             4  4  4  4   (average reads)

I just posted this as a clearer version of what blike posted, but he seems to have deleted his.

Oh well.

I couldn't get the page to load' date=' but: No, you haven't.

It sounds like you've shown that the astronaut will get a consistent answer if he reads a clock in an inertial frame. That silence you hear is the lack of anybody being bowled over by that revelation.

What does the astronaut's clock read?[/quote']

Please enable flash on your computer or try to find a way to see the animation. Someone above describes it too. I'm tired of all these discussions.. Just imagine this setup and try to think for yourself, think if those events (the moment calculated values changes, for all astronauts, moving or stationary) are simultaneous or not. Then check what relativity of simultaneity is says. You decide.

"I'm tired of all these discussions.. "

Were tired of people trying to disporve things like relativity and evolution with internet rubbish but you dont see us complaining.

I don't have anything against evolution, plus I'm agnostic, but that's irrelevant here. If you don't want anyone to challenge relativity by pure logic.. whatever.. Please focus on my setup and think for yourself.

I did focus on it.

"So relativity is wrong and they just confuse or ignore you"

A ridiculous statement which is in keeping with the quality of the example you cite. Relativity can be observed in any number of situations, none of which you have even drawn reference to, let alone tried to disprove. The thread title of 'relativity is wrong' deserves a thread move to pseudoscience but thats for the Physics moderator to decide (hint hint).

actualy, it wasn`t a good idea to state "Why relativity is wrong" in a thread title as if you`re some sort of authority on the subject anyway!

maybe better if you`de have just named it "COULD relativity be wrong" or "what do you think of this site?" :)

just a bit of helpfull advice for the future :)