Laptop Mouse-pad

YT2095

does anyone know How or what s/ware I may need to switch off the Double click "feature" on a laptop mouse pad?

I`m happy using the buttons to do this as you would on a regular mouse, and find that the accidental touching of the pad twice making it click on things you don`t want it to Very Annoying!

oh yeah, it`s a Dell Latitude c400 if that helps.

Edited by YT2095

Someone must be very jittery. I've never heard of someone accidentally double clicking on the pad, though there is frequent accidental single clicking. I tried to disable that on my grandma's laptop, but didn't find a way.

in the Control panel, it says it`s a PS2 mouse (the desktop sort) and there`s no driver for this touchpad thing anywhere???

maybe I can find out what it is with DXDIAG and try get a driver somewhere?

My grandma's laptop has an icon on the bottom right for the touchpad. If you hit the little arrow there, it might show it if it was hidden. Unfortunately, that one has few options, one of which is to disable the buttons, leaving the only way to click as the pad :doh: Maybe yours will have the option you want, if you have one.

in the Control panel, it says it`s a PS2 mouse (the desktop sort) and there`s no driver for this touchpad thing anywhere

I think this is the latest...but no mention of a GUI, look under fixes and enhancements...'enhanced features', well thanks for that, very helpful.

Another option is joining the Dell forums and asking (you might be able to get away with a driver for a different model...though I'm guessing that's unlikely), or switching it off through the BIOS, and using a mouse instead. I'm not a fan of touchpads, so I'd accidentally drop a brick on it.