Time Machine.

MysteriBoi

Ok well im new here and i have this question that i keep thinking about,

to find answer to.

Is it possible to create a Time Machine that can take you future/past in given location? or a Time Machine that can just take you in random time?:confused:

What do you mean by "twin paradox" mate?

The twin paradox

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/einsteinlight/jw/module4_twin_paradox.htm

Another example is that if you were in a rocket with 1 G continuous acceleration, your could cross the galaxy in about 12 years on your clock but on Earth well over 100,000 years will pass.

Check out the "Long Relativistic Journeys" calculator at the bottom.

http://www.cthreepo.com/cp_html/math1.htm

Ok well im new here and i have this question that i keep thinking about,

to find answer to.

Is it possible to create a Time Machine that can take you future/past in given location? or a Time Machine that can just take you in random time?:confused:

When ever I see this topic, it reminds me of Dr. Ronald Mallett, a professor at the University of Connecticut, who has spent is life on MACHINE time travel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Mallett

The BBC made a documentary on his ideas, think about 2003. It's the story of why that most interested me then, trying to go back in time, to help heal his Dad who had died of a heart attack when he was quite young. Unfortunately, if he is correct time travel by machine would be from the times the machines are developed, which stems off on 'Stargate' Science Fiction. The general ideas are also based on warping time or bending space-time and highly speculative.

http://heroeswiki.com/Space-time_manipulation

As for worm holes, speeding some human to or past light speed ©, or the memorable Star Trek, returning a Whale to Planet Earth, it's extremely unlikely in my opinion. Worm holes if they exist, would be connected the an existing Black hole, which is pure speculation and not likely to be accessible to any human during whatever times we exist. Distances involved and the human structure are just not up to the task. IMO, if traveling in time, by machine is ever achieved it will be in the form of transferring information (one way), very much like we already study what's happened during the visible light from the distant past. We do this daily with our radio waves...

Before we start time traveling we need to learn something about the underlying dynamics of time and space.

As time is different for every system in motion, it would appear that both past and future conditions exist relative to our planet earth.

And if we have no known method by which to time travel we lack the ability to access a uniform condition of any other planetary body.

This would suggest very strongly that the idea of a manned base or the colonization of another planetary body is still somewhere in our future.

Interesting about that professor, iv'e seen videos (documentary's) about someone also who is trying to develop a time machine, i forgot his name since i watched it a while back.

But all i can remember is he is first trying to manipulate something to do with a laser in a wormhole designed machine testing and stuff.

Is this something to do with time travel? trying to manipulate speed of light? maybe no-one knows doing something like this might lead to discovery of something like how time machine can let us travel..

Interesting about that professor, iv'e seen videos (documentary's) about someone also who is trying to develop a time machine, i forgot his name since i watched it a while back.

But all i can remember is he is first trying to manipulate something to do with a laser in a wormhole designed machine testing and stuff.

Is this something to do with time travel? trying to manipulate speed of light? maybe no-one knows doing something like this might lead to discovery of something like how time machine can let us travel..

Not trying to explain Mallett's theory; IMO he feels warping time, involves placing the Craft (stable, not flying) into the realm of tachyons, a thought entity that is not restricted to C (speed of sound). My personal interest here was the restriction (something must IMO) to energy waves. His interest the warping of space-time or drawing the future and/or past into the same realm.

If you are interested in further understanding his ideas, after reviewing the wiki post, particularly 'Modern Interpretations', google *Ronald Mallett*, where several videos and explanations are offered by him...Good luck...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

Ok thanks for the link mate.

Still trying to figure out though who was that guy also trying to create a time machine..hmm

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged Edited by MysteriBoi
Consecutive posts merged.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question relating this.

If possibly we have created a device that creates a WormHole and takes us to given time and location, when we are going to travel we are brocken into incy wincy pieces travelling so fast maybe even faster than the speed of light, ok when we ar taken to that location is it possible that our body fragments would go back in its correct order? or maybe randomly?:confused:

Mysteriboi.. to ask that is anyone's equal guess. It is not science, but science fiction. We could hypothesize.. I myself believe that theoretical physics will be working on 'modems' modulate, demodulate , objects (even living organisms?) so that we are deassembled, then reassebled somewhere else.. (like the star trek zappers kinda).. sometime int he future.

The question is, can this be done with the 'mind/emotion' part of organisms as well bla bla. (I look at this as a possibility with roots inthe aspect principle, or the photon pair experiment as it's known as I guess).

Anyway.. it's purely speculative :) your question and no matter which arguments, solid or not from physics/maths... it would be simply a hypothesis with little merit of understanding as wormholes per definition are beyond GR + QM for at least 2 centuries more I'd say (again.. that is just an arbitrary proposal).

(i.e. stating that we know anythign about information inside a BH/wormhole)

First, we wont get broken down to pieces in a wormhole. Whole idea of it is to create a shortcut in space fabric - like a tunnel through mountain.

Hypothetically you need a white hole and a lack hole to create a tunnel. If u get broken down in wormhole, ur doomed :D

And about Timetravel... you can travel into future for sure, but past... i doubt... you can only see past.

And once you travel to the future, you cant get back (unless someone invents timetravel to past- but then again perhaps he changed something in past and timetravel will never be invented Oo).

Hypothetically you need a white hole and a lack hole to create a tunnel. If u get broken down in wormhole, ur doomed :D

i suppose that's a good way to travel at the speed of light/ teleporter

say you need to get to the store 12 miles away: jump into a black hole which will convert your mass into pure energy, fiber optic cables take the light to a white hole, where that pure energy is converted back into you!

and then you're at the store!

by the way, to go back in time: put a rocket on the world and make it go very fast, while you stand still. If it goes at half the speed of light, then you'll be able to move twice as fast as them. You'll age twice as fast. If it goes at the speed of light, they will be standing still, frozen, while you'll be moving at normal speed.

Faster than the speed of light? They would all be walking backwards, as if you clicked the reverse button. But that's impossible.

Going forward in time is easier. Accelerate in your super fast car. If you are going at half the speed of light, then for every day you and your clock experience, the world will experience 2 days and move twice as fast. You'll age half as fast. If you're traveling at the speed of light, then the world will see you as standing still, frozen.

If you're traveling faster than the speed of light, you'll actually be getting younger in your car and reverting to a kid. But that's impossible.

Although traveling at the speed of light is theoretically possible, traveling faster isn't, because all atoms and physics are based on the speed of light. A more realistic way to go forward in time is to cryogenically cool yourself for a couple years with liquid nitrogen and hydrogen sulfide.

Edited by max.yevs

what if i freeze myself and travel at the speed of light = )

Well faster then the speed of light is possible, well at least i remember some articles where they succeeded (with signals or smthing... forgot - but no enterprise yet)

what if i freeze myself and travel at the speed of light = )

You'd still be standing still! Imagine this: you're traveling in your car at 200 mph... a guy is waving his hand on the side of the road... however you can't see his hand move back and forth because its all a blur... which translates into he's waving too fast for you... but really he's not waving very fast, just slowly waving his hand. So your reaction must be very slow. If you accelerate to the speed of light, he is still waving at a normal speed, but all your reactions and clock and everything are slowed down to zero. You are basically frozen. (Actually your car's engine is also frozen)

so for example, if you drive a rocket ship at the speed of light to the sun and back, the trip will be instanteneous. It won't take distance/(speed of light) time, it will take 0 minutes.

here's a good site, although its kind of made for kids

Well faster then the speed of light is possible, well at least i remember some articles where they succeeded (with signals or smthing... forgot - but no enterprise yet)

really? what would they do it with? light doesn't just mean like flashbulbs, it means any part of the electromagnetic spectrum...

things with mass cannot travel at the speed of light, it would take an infinite amount of energy which is not available to anything.

no information can be sent faster than light either. the experiments that the media have reported as being faster than light nothing actually goes faster than light. it is the group velocity. it basically means that the shape of a pulse of light got changed so the peak came earlier than expected.