LCD change rate, 3D goggles

YT2095

having spent many hours in bed (due to illness) and watching Movies on the laptop, I had an Idea for 3D goggles this afternoon.

the Idea is that you wear these glasses and look through a single LCD plane with each eye, these take turns at going Black.

the Frame rate for a movie is normally 25 per sec, so a 3d movie would require 50 FPS.

all the Even numbered frames are only viewable with the Right eye, and the Odd number frames are for the left eye (just for instance).

so due to Retinal retention, you`ll in effect be seeing one image with the left and another with the right Seemingly both at the same time but from the same 2D screen.

now if those images were just a Little bit apart in parallax, then a perfect full motion 3D effect should be achievable AND in true color as opposed to this Green and Red nonsense we have today and that goes back to the 50`s !

question is, can an LCD plane be switched at 25 Hz?

I was under the impression, however, that an LCD wouldn't be able to do it - we actually have that system here for 3D work, but have to use an old CRT monitor because the refresh rate isn't high enough on an LCD.

Ok, I`ll re-open the thread again to address that, I also was under the impression that 3D (VR) goggles had a proper screen for each eye, and the early ones were indeed a mini CRT each, like the sort in Camcorders.

that`s why I thought my idea would be better IF you can make an LCD change that quickly without giving everyone epileptic fits.

One of the knocks on the early LCD panels was the refresh rate was too low, and there was the fear that gamers (ones that needed fast, good graphics, anyway) wouldn't buy them. But that problem has gone away in recent years.

The need to use the CRT may have been driven by having an older LCD monitor.