Abortion of a fully-fledged human life

Kyrisch

If I had been aborted...I never would have lived...I would ahve had no opinion on my death. Someone else would ahve decided for me. That is why I cannot, in good conscience, declare a simple zygote non-sentient. A zygote has absolute POTENTIAL to become human, which is enough for me to be against its termination due to selfish reasons.

Yet you want to decide for all women that they must carry their pregnancy to full term, so that you can feel better. Selfish reason?

The value of a zygote in a petrie dish is what? I say the value of a zygote rests with the woman who carries it. She has the ultimate emotional attachment to it and pays the ultimate price if it is terminated or allowed to live. It is her decision to make, not yours and not mine. Don't hide your demands behind the zygote, you are making the decision to compel the woman to carry full-term, not the zygote.

That is why I cannot, in good conscience, declare a simple zygote non-sentient.

I cannot see how anyone could, in good conscience declare a zygote sentient.

Sentience

Sentience is the ability to feel or perceive subjectively.

A zygote has no nervous system and no brain, so I don't think it can feel anything. Hence, not sentient, not conscious, not self-aware, not intelligent, not a person.

• 1 year later...

I support the women's right to abort. I think that when we're speaking about abortion most part of people only thinks about the foetus, and forget the woman's right over her own body. The same way I should have the right to make a tatoo, I should have the right to remove a kidney if I wish so or, in the case of a pregnant woman, to remove her baby.

However, if the foetus can survive outside its mother womb, he should not be killed, for it is an independent life.

Now speaking about the hypothetical situation on the first topic: in my opinion, no one have rights over other people, except governments if the person in question is a criminal. In consequence, the French King is commiting an imoral act, because is forcing another man to save his son. It doesn't matter if other human life is being saved, because the important here is the individual, and not the fact of belonging to the Human race. After all, we're all different and we're expected to respect others individuality (and to see our own respected).

However, if the Spanion wants to help the prince, I think it's fair, even if the spanion man dies during the process. And I also think the spanion have the right to demand money for that.