The kinds of people we're dealing with...

fafalone

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the chemical weapons they might have had? Are they a threat?
You should check out YT2095's web site. On it he has a document written by a munitions expert about chemical weapons. I found it very informative. They are hardly WMDs. They are used to keep an enemy from staying in certain limited areas. Leave the area, leave the threat of danger.

• 3 weeks later...

anybody see the Robert Jacob video? I did, i'm pretty disturbed after seeing it. those videos just make ya feel helpless. really sucks.

it does comfort me that one of the killers was a fat fucking piece of shit.

Not that it matters, but perhaps someone may have some insight into the disparity in the standard of living between Sunni/Shiia/Kurd. And perhaps how the present state of affairs relate to the country being cobbled together from the British Mandate.... Looks like Yugoslavia all over again to me...

[rant]

looks like vietnam to me.

seriously.

has anybody here seen the article congress posted on their website?

http://congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

yeah, we're having a draft in approximately one year.

for what? to "liberate" a country (which actually means slaughtering their civilians by the tens of thousands)?

food for thought:

it is common knowledge that hussein killed 5000 kurds in 1995. personally, i believe he killed more; quite a few more. i do not believe that the casualties he inflicted were far above 10000.

a report from the united nations awhile back said that coalition bombings and economic sanctions have led to the deaths of 500,000 iraqi children alone since the end of the first gulf war. the united nations estimated at least another 300,000 iraqi civilians would be killed by a us invasion, and it seems they were correct. this isn't liberation really; what liberty has been given to the countless innocents who have been slaughtered?

let's take a look at this from an economic stance now. the cost of the iraq war keeps rising, of course; for a look at the price, go here:

http://www.threeworldwars.com/world-war-overview.htm

it's written in .php so it's constantly changing.

let us compare the prices of world war 1, 2 and the iraq war now:

Financial Cost of WW1

$196.5 billion (adjusted for 1990 dollar values)

Financial Cost of WW2

$2,091.3 billion (adjusted for 1990 dollar values)

meanwhile, we have the new iraq war which many have speculated will cost upwards of $1 trillion. yes, folks, that's half the cost of all our efforts in world war two. perhaps if bush weren't selling out his citizens, the price would be lower, but instead, the cycle is simple: bush tells his cronies what stock to buy and then he awards rediculously large contracts to these companies without putting them up on a competitive market. the taxpayers get shafted. kickbacks anyone?

iraq had nothing to do with national security; it only made our situation worse. it's safe to say that every house we destroy yields another member of al-qaeda. every person we kill yields another angry family and potential supporter of terrorist groups.

i don't blame them; al-qaeda is their only way. same thing is happening in israel now: 1.palestinian home gets blown up. 2.hamas goes to family, recruits father in exchange for education for his children, food, water and shelter. 3. father dies, children learn first-hand and second-hand why to hate israel and the united states.

hussein did not have nukes. hussein had no intentions of obtaining nukes. hussein had a few chemical weapons. most of them were the ones rumsfeld sold him in 1984. meanwhile, north korea watched this situation carefully. they realized that iraq, who didn't have wmds, was attacked for no reason. they decided not to make the same mistake hussein did. yes, kim jong-il decided to make nukes because of iraq. now a crazy facist has a nice stockpile of nukes that keeps growing. all north korea asked for was a document from the united states stating that the us didn't have the intention to attack north korea, but bush was stupid and he didn't produce one. as a result, north korea keeps getting nukes. and this president is all into national security? what the hell man? there are 15,000 chemical factories across the us. many of these are just outside major cities. a reporter for a pittsburg newspaper decided to investigate. he found that he could walk in through unlocked gates at each of the 60 factories he went to. there was no security; he actually sat on top of a huge tank of anhydrous ammonia one day and nobody saw him. he walked past a nice large tank of boron trifluoride on a 60 minutes interview (http://www.60minutes.com if you don't believe me there's video footage). nobody caught him. if he were to do so much as puncture that container, 13 million new yorkers would have been at risk; most would have been killed. 58ppm kills. and this isn't guarded? and bush claims to be good on national security?

[/rant]