Does music tell your personality?

Musical genre and personality don't really correlate (I like Hendrix as much as I like Mozart)

Although musical diversity may correlate with intelligence.

Most idiots tend toward one genre and never really stray far from the pop charts; if they care about music at all.

Most intelligent open minded people tend to have very broad and varied taste.

Musical genre and personality don't really correlate (I like Hendrix as much as I like Mozart)

Although musical diversity may correlate with intelligence.

Most idiots tend toward one genre and never really stray far from the pop charts; if they care about music at all.

Most intelligent open minded people tend to have very broad and varied taste.

THat makes sense:-)

Lifestyle correlates of musical preference: 1. Relationships, living arrangements, beliefs, and crime

Lifestyle correlates of musical preference: 2. Media, leisure time and music

Lifestyle correlates of musical preference: 3. Travel, money, education, employment and health

BBC News article about the papers

There are some abstracts of relevant articles and a news article about them.

I would think that personality traits are drawn towards certain types of music and then those people meet others like themselves and get along with each other slightly segregating their personality traits from the rest of society, I would doubt that certain types of music change your personality.