Sarin gas found in Iraq

fafalone

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A U.S.-led coalition convoy in Iraq found sarin gas in an artillery round rigged as an improvised explosive device, Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt said Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/17/iraq.main/index.html

So, which one of you hippy liberal anti-Iraq people want to be the first to come up with a conspiracy theory? Break out the tin-foil hats!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, I've already heard it all on another forum:

"So wat, sarin <> WMD"

"Al-Quaeda brought it in it wasnt there already"

"so I hope we lose so bush gets thrown out of offic. IMPECH BUSH!#~#~!)*("

" Bush administration officials told Fox News that mustard gas (search) was also recently discovered."

" Two weeks ago, U.S. military units discovered mustard gas that was used as part of an IED. Tests conducted by the Iraqi Survey Group (search) and others concluded the mustard gas was "stored improperly," which made the gas "ineffective."

They believe the mustard gas shell may have been one of 550 for which former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein failed to account when he made his weapons declaration shortly before Operation Iraqi Freedom began last year. "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

Aside from any partisan nit-picking about policies and political strategies, the thing I cannot forgive GW Bush Jr for is the outcome of his foreign policy. The US had the sympathy of almost every person on Earth after 9/11. Not to sound exploitative, but a shrewd leader could have used that sympathy to forge alliances that were never before possible. Less than 3 years after that horrific incident, the US is seen as the villains once again.

If we want to wear the white hat, we have to EARN it.

What do you mean horiffic incident, compared to other things in the past this is nothing.Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki.What are those superhoriffic.

I think the americans got what was coming for them.For many years of badness.It should have been a wake up call for the U.S. but they got in another war right after that and still dont understand peace.

The thing that I hate is the media and their propaganda.

Those are my two cents.

I meant for several months afterward. Woodward's book just came out this year, Tesseract.

My point is that a diplomatic president could have used what sympathy there was to form a foreign relations coup that would have gone a long ways to repairing damage done in the past.

No president can be perfect. I hated it when Clinton passed legislation allowing media to be owned by mega-corporations. But he probably would have done a better job in the aftermath of 9/11 than Bush has. I think Reagan would have done a better job of foreign relations than Bush has.