From http://www.cnn.com/2002/EDUCATION/11/20/geography.quiz/index.html

Among 18- to 24-year-old Americans given maps:

87 percent cannot find Iraq

83 percent cannot find Afghanistan

76 percent cannot find Saudi Arabia

70 percent cannot find New Jersey

49 percent cannot find New York

11 percent cannot find the United States

This is disgusting. And people wonder why I hate ignorance so much.

World wide that is understandable but to know the US was near the bottom of the list is real sad.

My oldest step-son still would point to the clock and say I'll be home when the little hand gets here on the clock, and he was in his mid twenties. He could read but couldn't figure out a tv guide.

In a lot of years of life I can't believe how many idiots there are in the world. New Mexico still has a voting law that says felons, mentally defectives, and idiots can't vote. I guess they still do though.

Just aman

Lol sorry, should've used a quote... Let's try this again.

Among 18- to 24-year-old Americans given maps:

87 percent cannot find Iraq

83 percent cannot find Afghanistan

76 percent cannot find Saudi Arabia

70 percent cannot find New Jersey

49 percent cannot find New York

11 percent cannot find the United States

:eek: You're kidding, right? Right? RIGHT??...

Fafalone, I'm all for deporting that 11%...

:)

A lot of immigrants have more common sense than many of the knuckleheads born here. Even with the handicap of prenatal malnutrition if it's not too serious. Yoops, I guess we have that here too. At least the prenatal immigrant kids aren't usually exposed to drugs.

Just aman

When I carried mail for several years the barrios and ghettos were generational and drugs were bad but in the immigrant neighborhoods the housing was clean and the kids didn't have money to waste on heroin and meth.

Just aman

Those immigrants don't have to be idiots. Good food and prenatal care. Most of them would work if there was jobs.

As far as the drugs go I've always felt that if the US Govt. wanted to stop them getting in they could. With all the extra security since 9/11 you'd think the drugs would trickle.

We've gotta stop electing idiots. We have to stop idiots from voting. and we need fairness in testing.

I tested for the post office and they said if I was a veteran add 5 points, a minority add 10 points, handicapped add 10 points.

I added 0 and still scored 96 and finally 2 years after I tested I was hired when they got to my score. I was one of the first people hired in a year at the post office that could speak decent english and drive.

Why not hire by merit, raise by merit. Period

Just aman