"Matter-Masterminded-Mechanism"

Domayele

If you refer to the Cheops and Giza pyramids, no they don't - they are off by considerably more than the known limits of Egyptian accuracy would suggest they should be.

Still, it's phenomenal how close it gets, especially considering their primitive technology and possibly mathematics?

That, and the pyramids of S. America, does raise interesting questions about pyramids.

The thing about Jupiter, yeah, it certainly would pose some problems if it crossed between us and the sun, but I guess I was suggesting a similar method of finding it.

I still haven't found info on how pre-Christian era Greeks knew about Jupiter and Saturn. Since they don't transit ("passing" when referring to gas giants being too crude) the sun it makes it difficult to imagine how they knew about them.

Some or rather many things that these ancient Greek philosophers theorized is simply amazing. For example, some of the more notable Greeks, Aristotle, Plato,etc, have came up with are still being debated to this day, and no end is in sight.

Still, it's phenomenal how close it gets, especially considering their primitive technology and possibly mathematics?

No, you don't understand.

They could easily have aligned the pyramids with absolute accuracy but chose not to, which would suggest that they aren't supposed to be a reflection of celestial order.

[edit]

Also bear in mind they were built at different times, by different people, who were honouring themselves.

in addition, a fact is just that and will remain so, whether people beleive it or not :)

I would say it depends what fact exactly, but I won't start phylosophying on non-relevant issues in here ;) I agree.

Also bear in mind they were built at different times, by different people, who were honouring themselves.

True. I just heard and read the theory about egyptian pyramids in some places, but you show good counter-points. Still, the Mayans year-time calculations is still right :P

Good points though. I'll have to go check out where I've heard of my info.. I either didn't understand it, or it was just flat wrong.

The Mayans, by the way, were extraordinary in terms of ancient science - and in some things even by today's science. They have built temples with tubes and indents that reflected the sun's rays at a precise date and time (like 12:00 noon on the longest and shortest days of the year). Those are remarkable, and seriously raise strong questions about their .. err.. source of information.

If those things are indeed so accurate, then they've calculated and built those things decades before european and "western" men even began thinking about the sun as the center of our stars system.

I know the ancient chinese calculated and predicted many things before "western" science too but I don't know enough to make examples.

I have to say that those things REALLY intrigue me as to where and how they manage to know all that information such a long time ago -- it's said that Mayans built those temples about 2500 years ago. Extremely weird.

~moo

True. I just heard and read the theory about egyptian pyramids in some places' date=' but you show good counter-points. Still, the Mayans year-time calculations is still right :P

Good points though. I'll have to go check out where I've heard of my info.. I either didn't understand it, or it was just flat wrong.

~moo[/quote']

I don't really know much about Mayan culture so I can't comment on that.

As far as the pyramids go, there's a lot of bad information about. Monday daytime "Discovery Channel" type information, propogated by the empty people who have to latch on to some "new myth". The same sort of people who talk about Armageddon as an event, and insist that aliens not only exist but really quite like Utah.

The Mayans, by the way, were extraordinary in terms of ancient science - and in some things even by today's science.
Apparently there is evidence that shows the Mayans knew about the rings of Saturn long before telescopes. Also, the Greeks maintained that Zeus (Jupiter) drove his titan father Kronos (Saturn) away from Earth and bound him in chains (rings?). So not only did the ancient Greeks know about Saturn, they knew about its rings as well.

http://www.varchive.org/itb/rings.htm