Gravity

Zeo

isn't gravity a distortion in the space-time continuum? I have heard talk about how gravity is one of the weakest forces in the entire universe...but what about black holes? Those are so powerful, they can even affect light. But...if gravity is just a distortion in the space-time continuum, it would be because of planets (normal gravity sources) have such enormous masses, they cause an effect on the space-time continuum. Well..if this is the case, then it may be possible to "fool" the space-time continuum, and generate a source that simulates a lot of mass. This, could create gravity. Also, I think EMP and magnets might play a major role in this too....

:D :D :D;):):mad::-(:eek: :zzz: :confused: :zzz:

A single pebble doesn't weight too much. But the Earth weighs ALOT. Black holes are extremely dense particles, multiplying gravity by a factor in the trillions (higher?). It doesn't actually effect light directly, but since the space-time continuum is deformed, light would have no reason to not follow it into the hole.

Also, magnetic force is completely different than gravitational force.

aren't black holes just reallly massive collapsed super giants with so much gravity, that they collapsed upon themselves and became denser and denser? ok...maybe not collapsed (cant find good term to use).

Originally posted by fafalone

It doesn't require mass as we know it to be warped.

That mass as we know it only goes down to sub-atomic pieces we define and see through experimental effects. Maybe it is some kind of microcosomic mass we haven't seen or defined yet.

It still seems like space-time behaves like it has a mass greater than 0.

Just aman

Originally posted by fafalone

Just because there's an indirect link doesn't mean they're the same force, mr. zarkov.

haha, I'm not that mad. I'm not saying they are the same force, but there must be a link somwhere that is more concrete than anything we have now - probably in the form of a GUT of some sort. To a degree I agree with Dirac that the Final Theory must be mathematically elegant, and far less scrappy than Quantum Mechanics and all the particle Physics that comes with the package.

• 5 months later...