Photosynthesis

cheungcheung

CO2 goes directly from Gas to Solid, it "Sublimes", it never passes through a liquid stage :)

as for soda pop, it`s actualy both a mixture and a compound. some of the CO2 will dissolve into the water making carbonic acid (the compound) and the excess wont dissolve and will remain as a mixture :)

very High pressures of CO2 can make it a solid, as can very low temperatures :)

the excess wont dissolve and will remain as a mixture :)

very High pressures of CO2 can make it a solid' date=' as can very low temperatures :)[/quote']

Thank Thank.Your :P explanation make me learn a lot. May I ask about what is the excess thing, is it carbon dioxide or water?

water can only dissolve a small amount of CO2 to make Carbonic acid, when more CO2 is added, the water cannot dissolve it and make more acid, it reaches a limit called "Saturation". anymore CO2 put into the water will remain as CO2 and not interact with the water chemicaly :)

Thank you very much. :rolleyes::)

May I ask other questions?

Does light reaction and dark reaction occur in the same position of an chloroplast?

How does the oxygen molecule leave the leave after the light-dependent stage?

Is that true "only leaves have chlorophyll."?

I hope experts would like to help me to solve my brain questions. :):confused:

6 CO2 + 6 H2O = C6H12O6 (glucose) and 6 O2 (oxygen)

Glucose is by no means the sole product of photosynthesis. The main product is Triose Phosphate which can be used to make carbohydrates (e.g. glucose), amino acids and lipids.

The light dependant stage takes place in the thykloid membrane, which is those flat pankcake like things inside the chloroplast. The light independant stage (which is a far better name than the misleading dark reaction) occurs in the watery matrix of the chloroplast called the stroma.

I'm guessing the oxygen leaves by the same route the CO2 entered, by plain old diffusion out through the holey things in the underside of the leaf that I can't remeber the name of right now...

if I rem correctly' date=' it`s something like:

6 CO2 + 6 H2O = C6H12O6 (glucose) and 6 O2 (oxygen).

hope that helps a little? :)[/quote']

that is correct i just checked my science book from school. we had to learn it for our sats and none of us could fully remember it properly. good job off the top of your head.

Glucose is by no means the sole product of photosynthesis. The main product is Triose Phosphate which can be used to make carbohydrates (e.g. glucose)' date=' amino acids and lipids.

The light dependant stage takes place in the thykloid membrane, which is those flat pankcake like things inside the chloroplast. The light independant stage (which is a far better name than the misleading dark reaction) occurs in the watery matrix of the chloroplast called the stroma.

I'm guessing the oxygen leaves by the same route the CO2 entered, by plain old diffusion out through the holey things in the underside of the leaf that I can't remeber the name of right now...[/quote']

i thought starch was the product and it turns into glucose when nesecary for the plant to use it.

starch is the storage, usualy done at night if I rem corectly, I seem to rem doing something with half a leaf covered in tin foil and then doing an Iodine test, the covered part showed the deep purple to indicate strach, there was little to non in the light exposed part.

yes i remember something like that, thats were i got it from.

from my notes:

Testing a leaf for starch

1. dip the leaf into boiling water the soften it.

2. heat up some ethanol and dip the leaf into it.

3. put the leaf back into the water to soften it again

4. drop on iodine solution.

• 2 weeks later...