way to acheive nuclear fusion

ok, so i know that we can acheive fusion through heating ditrium and triteum atoms to a plasma state so they collide and connect with themselves, creating hydrogen, and somehow energy,{how?} but, the process of heating the plasma up and keeping the electromagnets on to hold the plasma uses more energy than it creates, not to mention we can only have it on for a matter of seconds becuase plasma is too hot, well, why not do it in space? that, to me, seems like the perfect solution, the no gravity effect will keep the plasma in plasma and you dont have to use so much energy keeping the plasma in the air, just a little to keep the plasma on course around the doughnot bowl, and it can be a huge container so the plasma isnt that close to anything at all, therefore not heating anything up so drastically, you use a fraction of energy for keeping the plasma in the middle of the curved metal tube, and you can keep the machine "hot and running for longer periods of time". its perfect right.!?

ok, so i know that we can acheive fusion through heating ditrium and triteum atoms to a plasma state so they collide and connect with themselves, creating hydrogen, and somehow energy,{how?}

The binding energy before and after is different resulting in a net reduction in energy in the bound states meaning some energy has to have been lost.

but, the process of heating the plasma up and keeping the electromagnets on to hold the plasma uses more energy than it creates

Currently no reactor has been built that anyone thought it'd be the other way around. Although JET got very close (and I think did infact break over) the threashold.

, not to mention we can only have it on for a matter of seconds becuase plasma is too ho

The issue is not the plasma getting to hot, but it being unstable and callapsing, we are getting better at this though.

t, well, why not do it in space?

How will this reduce instabilities?

that, to me, seems like the perfect solution, the no gravity effect will keep the plasma in plasma and you dont have to use so much energy keeping the plasma in the air, just a little to keep the plasma on course around the doughnot bowl,

The plasma is charged, without the confinement magnets it will spread out, greatly, become unstable and probably recombine/callapse from a plasma.

and it can be a huge container so the plasma isnt that close to anything at all, therefore not heating anything up so drastically, you use a fraction of energy for keeping the plasma in the middle of the curved metal tube, and you can keep the machine "hot and running for longer periods of time". its perfect right.!?

No, it's not, creating the plasma would take the same amount of energy, confining it would take about as much energy. Getting the device into space and powering it for start up would take an infeasible amount of energy.

ok, so i know that we can acheive fusion through heating ditrium and triteum atoms to a plasma state so they collide and connect with themselves, creating hydrogen, and somehow energy,{how?} but, the process of heating the plasma up and keeping the electromagnets on to hold the plasma uses more energy than it creates, not to mention we can only have it on for a matter of seconds becuase plasma is too hot, well, why not do it in space? that, to me, seems like the perfect solution, the no gravity effect will keep the plasma in plasma and you dont have to use so much energy keeping the plasma in the air, just a little to keep the plasma on course around the doughnot bowl, and it can be a huge container so the plasma isnt that close to anything at all, therefore not heating anything up so drastically, you use a fraction of energy for keeping the plasma in the middle of the curved metal tube, and you can keep the machine "hot and running for longer periods of time". its perfect right.!?

You forget however about diffusion. any gas or plasma will very rapidly disperse in space. The exception is when there is so much of it that gravity hold it together, and even then, I'm sure plenty is lost, it's just not enough to matter. The only way to make this work is if what you're proposing is to make a star, which we obvously do not have the capability to do.

UC : Your statement "ok, so i know that we can acheive fusion through heating ditrium and triteum atoms to a plasma state so they collide and connect with themselves, creating hydrogen", may have a typo in it , because the end product of the fusion reaction should be Helium, not Hydrogen. Also to work in space would be very expensive.