how to not get tazered?

Ithaxa

Ruling out: dodging it, and wearing a full body armor suit of non-conductive material.

Is there anything you can do to lessen the effects of the tazer or simply not get shocked?

here is one potential solution i see, but i dont know if it will make it worse or not.

http://www.afrotechmods.com/cheap/pikashoe/pikashoe.htm

It pretty much grounds yourself with a 12v Negative ion generator.

I Think those tazers use 50k v?

Wear some sort of conducting mesh over non-conducting materiel. Allow some of the metal to touch the ground, so as to allow the electricity to flow through the metal and into the ground, instead of into your body (which isn't a good conductor compared to metal).

You can be the one that tests it.

Not harassing women you don't know and/or not robbing them on the streets at night is a good way not to get tazered...

Wow never would have thought of that. ;)

Maybe Ithaxa is tazer owner and wants to find out if the police have any protection against it.

either kind

the one that is a probe

or the one that shoots the electrical leads into the target.

I think the body armor as suggested is an effective way, but not practical.

As for the piercing leads, i was wondering if you were charged before the leads hit you, would one of them get shocked off?

i remeber studying something like that in physics, where a charged partical with a velocity enters a field, and it adverts the field or something.

*edit*

so 135 per second

thats not possible to push away without something very powerful?

But what is interesting is that they use some kind of special pulse that they call a T-wave(also Electro-Muscular Disruption (EMD) technology). That stuns the nervous and muscle system but does not really electrocute the person.

Would the Pikashoe disrupt the wave?

I did find warnings on the sites that sell the tasers, where small percentages of the population have high tolerance for electrical stimulation and can fight it.

How do they did get the tolerance? I dont think practicing getting shocked would increase your tolerance? PCP? Huge Mass?

*while editing i studied drugs that are used on people who have an abnormal T-waves in their heart and how hospitals correct it*

Giving yourself high potassium levels, and Adenosine Triphosphate - ATP, helps to repolarize the ions in your body and give you energy.

im gonna introduce this thread to the biology section to see what they say

either kind

the one that is a probe

or the one that shoots the electrical leads into the target.

I think the body armor as suggested is an effective way' date=' but not practical.

As for the piercing leads, i was wondering if you were charged before the leads hit you, would one of them get shocked off?

i remeber studying something like that in physics, where a charged partical with a velocity enters a field, and it adverts the field or something.[/quote']

ok, 1 at a time, the personal contact type (incl cattle prods) are easily averted by a simple carbon fiber layer, even the black plastic antistatic bags they sell chips or computer parts in.

as for the CO2 gas propelled wired projectile, that`s somewhat trickier, as they actualy penetrate to a few mm depth, a thick leather jacket with the carbon fiber underside will prevent a good percentage of the shock, enough for you to stay easily in control and remove them manualy :)

as for charge repeling, LOL, get real dude, you`de need several hunderd killowats just to marginaly deflect one (and that`s providing you got the timing 100% right).

I was wondering if higher levels of potassium and Adenosine Triphosphate - ATP would increase your tolerance or recovery time from a tazer shock?

taken from the other thread you started, it belonged in here :)