Terminology - "Evolutionist"

Pete

Either way, I want to thank DH, Mr Skeptic, and npts2020 for confirming that my acceptance of thermodynamics and physics allow me to add to my resume that I'm a physicist and thermodynamicist. That will help me during my next job interview.

I just said that they make you "normal".

People are "abortionists" prefer the label "pro-choice". What do you evolutionists want to call yourself? Keep in mind that you can't use the label "normal" among the general public, because evolutionists are not a large enough majority for that.

What do you evolutionists want to call yourself? Keep in mind that you can't use the label "normal" among the general public, because evolutionists are not a large enough majority for that.

I guess that depends largely on where you are on the planet (at least we beat Turkey).

dsg507_990_600.jpg

evolution_study_new.jpg

I'm just a guy who accepts the evidence in favor of evolution. I'm not happy about accepting the label evolutionist for the same reason I'm trying to get away from the label atheist (as discussed in the now infamous post #3).

Please don't do this again.

(sigh!) Please don't start making accusations like this, i.e. as if I'm doing somthing wrong "again".

You wrote I also think the opening post was loaded by suggesting ...

That reads as if you thought the OP was loaded and that you suggested that it meant something else. And I hold that you thought wrong. I you disagree with that then simlpy say so.

Edited by Pete

(sigh!) Please don't start making accusations like this, i.e. as if I'm doing somthing wrong "again".

You wrote I also think the opening post was loaded by suggesting ...

That reads as if you thought the OP was loaded and that you suggested that it meant something else. And I hold that you thought wrong. I you disagree with that then simlpy say so.

I was referring to your telling me I didn't understand your purpose and therefore tried to define your purpose. I didn't, and used careful wording to ensure that what I wrote was strictly my opinion.

You free to hold your own opinion of my opinion.

Please don't do this again.

Perhaps you're unaware of it but that kind of response is irritatating. Please don't do it again.

I was referring to your telling me I didn't understand your purpose and therefore tried to define your purpose.

Let me get this right. I said that you didn't understand me. You're response is to that assertion is to chastise me, your reason being that I didn't understand you? :eek:

Sorry dude but that seems quite hypocritical to me.

Edited by Pete