can we play god

jamey2k9

Mixing DNA seems to fail when the species are even a little different.

Actually, cross-species hybrids are very, very common in nature and cultivation, and I'm even aware of 3 cross-genus hybrids (one of which is between species separated by ~90 million years).

• 1 month later...

I think we are way too primitive and i am not sure if we have reached that stage yet and i am not sure if with our processing powers we are capable to do so, but anything is possible, we need to be optimistic.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

what you are suggesting is called a cross-breeding. nothing to do with playing god here.

• 2 weeks later...
I won`t tell you again!

Well, that's surely a relief. I appreciate your willingness to be reasonable on this point, as I was getting tired of your lack of tolerance on opposing views. I feel we're finally making progress. :)

More seriously, though... That post was made more than two months ago, YT. Punishments are most effective when they happen immediately after the act, not 1/6 of a trip around the sun later... It's off topic, but I've got literature I can share in support of this point if you want it.

Edited by iNow

• 2 months later...

It depends what god does. Processes such as genetic modification require the mixing of genes from two different species, for example the glow in the dark pigs, the regular pig gene is mixed with a jelly fish gene and is inserted into a zygote of a pig. This creates the glow in the dark effect.

• 1 month later...

would it be possible to take a sperm cell and an egg of two different animals combine them and grow a new animal or with the cloneing rather than using one animal to clone from take two

another one of mysterious posts from january come on thats two still been discussed

would it be possible to take a sperm cell and an egg of two different animals combine them and grow a new animal or with the cloneing rather than using one animal to clone from take two

Not unless hybrids were naturally possible between those species.

thought so talking of hybrids I put a link to loads of pics of hybrids on an earlier post check it

by the way my hamfish is still the best. on the posts make up one of your own animal hybrids