Msc. or Btech?

chitrangda

I'm giving exams for admission in collages.I'm not able to decide whether i should go for collages offering masters in science(Msc.) or bachelor's of technology. I want to take up astrophysics as my career, so which one will be a better way to reach my destination?:confused:

If your system is the same as ours (I'm not sure about that)... then regardless of whether you're in science or technology (engineering), you will always start with a Bachelor (BSc), and you can only start a master (MSc) after the Bachelor. (And you can do a PhD after the master).

I would always advise someone to go for the Master's (after the bachelor).

But perhaps your question is about the difference between science and technology? For that last question, I'll just quote myself, because I answered that before (briefly):

As far as I'm concerned (being an engineer), science is about the knowledge itself, and engineering (which is also science, in a way) is about the what you can actually do with the knowledge.

This is perhaps step one to decide: do you want to either discover new things, or do you prefer to apply discoveries of others in a new way? (Like in my field, chemistry: the chemists work in the laboratory to do research on new materials. Once they find something that is a good product, I step in, and start working on designing the factory).

Most fields of science also have an applied version (the engineering side of the story).

I din't get that.

I'm talking about collages in India.

It was a comment to CaptainPanic about how in some places you can do masters as an undergraduate, the Bologna process (process not convension sorry) is an EU thing which is used compare different degrees from different degree systems...