Exposed Veins

Xittenn

Should a vein become exposed to the exterior of a human body and the skin where to heal around it what would happen to the vein? Would it do the opposite of what a foreign object would do and actually bury itself back into the body? Would it just continue to reside on the exterior of the body? Why would this happen in the first place:rolleyes:..........chirurgie........don't ask:-)!

More specifically an artery................................ I just had surgery and when I saw my GP he said don't worry about the blue thing it will go away. I personally hadn't seen the blue thing until I got a hold of a flash light. It looked very much so like a vein. Knowing some deal about what had been done to me there was no real reason, aside from why a surgeon would leave it exposed, it couldn't be a vein(artery.) It could very well have poped through a seem. When I asked if it was a vein my GP said don't worry about it it's gone. He likes to flat out lie to me, anything to keep me stress free right! I haven't gotten a hold of another flash light so unless I buy one it will be another week 'till I can confirm. Anyway I just thought it was an unusual but interesting thought which was also kind of buging me and thought I might get some feedback from someone. I'm sure historically speaking at some point in time some twisted 'mother just had to test this one out and had taken notes....................

More specifically an artery................................ I just had surgery and when I saw my GP he said don't worry about the blue thing it will go away. I personally hadn't seen the blue thing until I got a hold of a flash light. It looked very much so like a vein. Knowing some deal about what had been done to me there was no real reason, aside from why a surgeon would leave it exposed, it couldn't be a vein(artery.) It could very well have poped through a seem. When I asked if it was a vein my GP said don't worry about it it's gone. He likes to flat out lie to me, anything to keep me stress free right! I haven't gotten a hold of another flash light so unless I buy one it will be another week 'till I can confirm. Anyway I just thought it was an unusual but interesting thought which was also kind of buging me and thought I might get some feedback from someone. I'm sure historically speaking at some point in time some twisted 'mother just had to test this one out and had taken notes....................

Sometimes veins can be seen through the skin. For example, this guy has veins exposed all over his body: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dexter_Jackson_IFBB_2008_Australia_4.jpg. However, not everyone's the same, so if you suspect that something is not normal, you should look for a second opinion from a different doctor.

SENSITIVE MATTER WARNING

OK details! I've never exposed myself online before so please be gentle. I'm a transgendered MTF and I'm now 7 weeks post op full GRS. The area in question, for anyone who may have any idea, is in the opening of the Labia Majora where the scrotal graft meets the penile inversion. What I saw appeared to literaly be one of the arteries that a man would have to his penis poping through one of the suture points. It was perfectly localized to be this artery if you consider what was done to the 'parts' in general. I'm not to worried about it as ummmmmmmmmm I'm pretty sure my GP and the Surgeon are probably two of the most qualified individuals in the world:cool:. It's really to bad he wouldn't elaborate, I'm sure had I pushed the subject................. Oh well I'll be seeing another GP in a week and I'll ask him he'll know. Maybe I'll post more on what it was should it prove to be interesting..................

Edited by buttacup

SENSITIVE MATTER WARNING

OK details! I've never exposed myself online before so please be gentle. I'm a transgendered MTF and I'm now 7 weeks post op full GRS. The area in question, for anyone who may have any idea, is in the opening of the Labia Majora where the scrotal graft meets the penile inversion. What I saw appeared to literaly be one of the arteries that a man would have to his penis poping through one of the suture points. It was perfectly localized to be this artery if you consider what was done to the 'parts' in general. I'm not to worried about it as ummmmmmmmmm I'm pretty sure my GP and the Surgeon are probably two of the most qualified individuals in the world:cool:. It's really to bad he wouldn't elaborate, I'm sure had I pushed the subject................. Oh well I'll be seeing another GP in a week and I'll ask him he'll know. Maybe I'll post more on what it was should it prove to be interesting..................

First off, I'm no physician so I can't offer you advice. Secondly, diagnosing health conditions online is like doing surgery without lights. Although it could be useful, it's unreliable and may be dangerous to you... but I think you probably know this already. Nevertheless, I'm still interested in hearing what your doctor might say.

First off, I'm no physician so I can't offer you advice. Secondly, diagnosing health conditions online is like doing surgery without lights. Although it could be useful, it's unreliable and may be dangerous to you... but I think you probably know this already. Nevertheless, I'm still interested in hearing what your doctor might say.

K..................................:cool:

I haven't been able to have an erection for several years Mr Skeptic....................................................furthermore I've been in so much pain I don't think it would matter. I don't know for sure if I will be capable of orgasm, although I'm pretty sure I will be. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm from what I have noticed I think it will be a nice warm feeling(erection feeling,) kind of like the glass of wine I just had with diner(I don't drink much!) There won't be any semblance to what was, of that I'm sure......................................it's all good and vein or no(I think it's gone still no flashlight) everything looks really good. I can't believe how well the Surgeon did! I've seen some pictures after the fact that would have made me change my mind.

Edited by buttacup

Sometimes veins can be seen through the skin. For example, this guy has veins exposed all over his body: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dexter_Jackson_IFBB_2008_Australia_4.jpg. However, not everyone's the same, so if you suspect that something is not normal, you should look for a second opinion from a different doctor.

That guy has veins all over his body because he is on about 3-5 anabolic steroids - from the nitrogen retention caused by that. Hes also on other bodybuilding drugs too.

I had to go to a walk in on monday 'cause I ran out of T3s, I should have asked him......................running out of T3s hurts. I'll see the Dr. on monday. I'm still surprised this isn't readily available information........ .....where is the slightly sarcastic laugh emoticon!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Damn things still there. It has gotten smaller though, I think it's burrowing.

It's a vein and it's covered by next to nothing. They still tell me not to worry about it though. I don't know that's a pretty ummmmmmmmmmm not so cool place to have an overexposed vein..................it better burrow! They say the skin(mucous membrane) over top will thicken................

I have veins all over my legs but they're not those spider (varicose?) veins. They're just simply more exposed normal veins. I'm very thin and I'm guessing this is why they are appearing. It's very, very embarassing.

Does anyone know ANYTHING I can possibly do to get rid of them, make them fade away?

Edited by Phi for All
advertising link removed