FF3 crashes

ecoli

I had problems but in my case they were related to Thinkvantage tools as well as the vista firewall. The only problem that persist after unistalling said tools and turning off the firewall (I had Comodo running and for some unknown reason the vista firewall turned itself on, despite the fact that I turned it off earlier) is that if I lose internet connection at some point (e.g. dropped off wireless) and reconnect, the browser becomes unresponsive until I restart it.

I had problems but in my case they were related to Thinkvantage tools as well as the vista firewall. The only problem that persist after unistalling said tools and turning off the firewall (I had Comodo running and for some unknown reason the vista firewall turned itself on, despite the fact that I turned it off earlier) is that if I lose internet connection at some point (e.g. dropped off wireless) and reconnect, the browser becomes unresponsive until I restart it.

doesn't sound like my problem... i usually have windows firewall turned off.

Though I look out for other 'incompatible' software.

• 3 weeks later...

That's one problem that I have(had) with Firefox3 and I think I've isolated one possible cause. If you're by chance at uni (and seems you are I just checked) or use software called Blackboard (aka webct) (I know its popular amongst educational institutions worldwide) there is some sort of glitch that if you close the window while still logged in and then start FF3 again, it just crashes. Not always though, I don't know what the specific problem is, perhaps it's not related to logging in/out but I've noticed that as I haven't used it for a few months during the break I haven't had any problems, and then as soon as I started using it I've had few crashes in a week. Then it won't start until you stop it from processes window in task manager. See if that's any help.

I now have another problem in FF3 which I'll introduce in new thread.