In this thread we suggest flavours for iNow to try in his ice cream machine.

Sayonara

Guiness Stout Ice Cream

It's surprisingly good -- not bitter at all.

1 cup Guinness stout(or any stout beer)

1 cup whole milk

2 cups cream

2 ounces glucose syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup egg yolks

Bring beer, milk, cream, glucose, and sugar to a boil, drizzle into the egg yolks while whisking vigorously. Heat to 185 degrees F stirring constantly and pour through a fine seive and chill over an ice bath. When ice cream base is cold, freeze in an ice cream machine.

Sounds good Phi :eyebrow:

some exotic flavors for you:

spicy curry

fillet of panda with wasabi

road apple with pecans and cinnamon

ethidium bromide (follow your DNA while you eat!)

strawberry cesium

butanethiol berry

triethylamine swirl

A nice list can also be found here. Just make the candies into ice cream flavors:

Savoury: bacon and egg.

You know, that doesn't sound half bad. Part of me wants to try an avacado mixture too, but I saw on Iron Chef or Top Chef or some other chef show where they tried this and it made the children cry (perhaps even more reason to do it). :D

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Leprechaun fart and purple unicorn erection.

No no no... You've got it all backwards. It's the unicorn which flatulates leading to engorgement in the leprechaun. Geesh...

Now, provide a recipe and I'll give it a whirl! >:D

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Enough said. I'm game. Interestingly, I read yesterday that adding a touch of alcohol can help with the texture, preventing ice crystals from forming since alcohol won't freeze. The site I read suggested using vodka, or Gran Marnier, but some Guiness is always good. After all, I need my vitamin K. ;)

Edited by iNow
Consecutive post/s merged.

Avocado ice cream and Guiness ice cream both sound pretty delicious, actually. Though if it were me, I wouldn't use Guiness, I'd use one of my homebrews, which are far superior (and several times as alcoholic) as that mass-produced stuff. I've got a few bottles of Russian imperial stout, chocolate nut brown ale, and pumpkin oktoberfest that are dying for some ice cream experimentation. Actually, I had some pumpkin ice cream recently, and it was great. Try that.

Yea - the guiness ice cream does sound really nice! :P

Bacon and egg has been done by Heston Blumenthal already. He also invented Snail flavour ice cream though:embarass::-(.

I've been meaning to organise a trip to his resturant "The Fat Duck" - it's about £150.00 per head for the night for his try everything style menu. (He makes his ice cream using Liquid Nitrogen for a faster freeze - thus smaller ice crystals and smoother ice cream! :cool:)

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Here - try this:

More of Heston in action: http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4PBEA_en-GBGB276GB277&q=Heston+Blumenthal&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

I've got a few bottles of Russian imperial stout, chocolate nut brown ale, and pumpkin oktoberfest that are dying for some ice cream experimentation.

Screw the ice cream. Bring some over and I'll supply the cigars while we drink them. Those sound phenomonal. I've got a friend actually who distills his own spirits and brews his own beer. He's gotten really quite good at Irish Whiskey and his Amaretto is awesome. Also, he puts his beer into kegs (and likes the same kinds as I do... brown ales and stouts and also hoppy IPAs), so whenever I go over we just go to the tap to enjoy the home-brewed goodness.

Actually, I had some pumpkin ice cream recently, and it was great. Try that.

Nice idea. I think part of what inspired Sayo to open this thread was my comments about how this weekend I used fruit punch concentrate mixed with strawberry gelatin and my milk/cream and sugar mixture and it turned out really nice. I'm planning on trying something similar with frozen limeade concentrate and adding some lime gelatin to it for texture.

Good times. My ice cream maker also is really good at frozen margaritas, so it's really a win/win.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35872

Guiness Stout Ice Cream

It's surprisingly good -- not bitter at all.

1 cup Guinness stout(or any stout beer)

1 cup whole milk

2 cups cream

2 ounces glucose syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup egg yolks

Bring beer, milk, cream, glucose, and sugar to a boil, drizzle into the egg yolks while whisking vigorously. Heat to 185 degrees F stirring constantly and pour through a fine seive and chill over an ice bath. When ice cream base is cold, freeze in an ice cream machine.

Would you also pour milk, cream, syrup, sugar and egg over the Mona Lisa ?

Edited by DrDNA