Zombie Plan

ydoaPs

Mobility is the key on both sides. Fort up and they eventually overrun your position. We need some kind of razorwire bullwhip to take off a leg, and a portable, self-propelled personal vehicle that can leap over a concentrated attack, no fuel needed.

Can you picture it? Me, 51 years old, with a bullwhip in one hand, taking off zombie legs left and right as I vault over the undead threat. It'd be like your Dad on a pogo stick.

For the love of the gods, do NOT mount chainsaws on the side of a van.....trust me

If you want to be sure you don't become one, count your rounds and save the last bullet...

Katana would be the best weapon for close combat backup, as it's light, easy to carry on the run when not in use, and is the least exhausting to wield - though against enough zombies your arms can turn to lead just as sure as your gun can run out of lead, so I'd recommend multiple firearms.

I think I'd have to hijack/steal/acquire a good sized blimp - can't go wrong floating in the air, looking for the best areas from above to drop down and loot for supplies, and you wouldn't need many people. A good sized sea worthy ship could keep you alive longer and less dependent on land, if you can get a decent crew. With a "Scout Blimp" and decent radios, the ship would be the next thing to add for sure.

You may even be able to find small isolated islands that don't have any infected (or even people), and set up decent base camps. With proper quarantine conditions, you could find survivors and ferry them to your new outpost of civilization.

Regarding the "flies" and two weeks - you may have to wait longer. It could take months for infection to spread, especially around the globe. Zombies would take days to walk somewhere, infect new people, and days for those zombies to infect more, etc... so zombification could keep pace with the flies and their dezombification for some time.

For all we know, zombie flesh may not be suitable for flies - it's dead, but it's still animated, so the chemistry could be just foobar enough to dissuade flies from laying eggs.

I think I should start breeding super flesh eating flies then. Anyone who is going to whack zombies with melee weapons: you are aware how bloody tiring swinging such a thing is? For the (very) untrained like me mere 10 minutes (or less) of kendo is sufficient let one drown in ones own sweat. And that is one-on-one and not one-on-horde.

And maybe a railgun, since you have the electricity to power it.

Railguns require a lot of power though, if you want to fire a round that can do significant damage.

===========================

Honestly, I wouldn't use nukes due to the radiation they give out, which would kill both them AND us.

However, a Fuel Air Explosive would be very good against the zombie hordes. They are much more powerful than conventional explosives and they don't have radiation.

I'd get a car, and make a run straight for the heavy chemical industry.

If there are that many zombies, then you need that much firepower. Turning one refinery into a twenty Gigawatt flamethrower might do the job. (Plus that the access to the industry is narrow, making it easy to aim). The plan assumes that zombies don't swim.

And in addition, there is a canteen and kitchen, and the place has its own power generators and backup generators...

What you need to do is get a helicopter, a couple of marines and a pregnant woman. You land on top of the largest shopping mall you can find and infiltrate through the top levels of the mall (the store rooms and power generators) killing any zombies you find. Make a base to sleep in in a room at the very top of the building. You build a false wall aver the doorway that leads up to your hide out and use the elavator and ventilation shafts to go on supply runs down to the mall (to get tools, food ammo and bigger guns). After that - you get some big trucks and lorries to block the main entrance to the mall (but be careful that you don't get bit in the leg or arm whilst hotwiring the trucks - best to have the pregnant lady on the roof with a high powered rifle covering your back - and someone in the chopper flying around to keep an eye on things and let the marines drive the trucks).

THEN! you go on a zombie hunt through the mall and do a clean sweep - storing all the dead zombies in the freezers. Voila! you have a cleared mall in which you can shop for free, play arcade video games and ice skate to your hearts content, whilst the zombies are trapped outside. All you have to do is make sure you shoot any of the marines through the head if they were stupid enough to get bitten whilst hotwiring the trucks - and watch out for hells angel gangs of raiders.

Easy really!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

LOL!!! Thank you very much kind stranger!!! - but I can't take the credit for that! You need to watch the 1978 film George A. Romero's Dawn of the dead (Zombies: Dawn of the Dead). It is the sequeal to Night of the Living Dead. Great film - although I pretty much summed up the plot in the above post! :D:D:D I was going to see if anyone noticed. :D

Edited by DrP
Consecutive post/s merged.

A nuclear missile submarine would be an ideal choice. They can survive for months at a time just with internal supplies, and if you take along a fishing net you could outlast the zombies.

There is a slight hitch with this plan, in that it is only advisable after you have established that the zombieism is transmissible, and that people who simply die for innocuous reason X do not also turn into zombies.

Whatever the ideal solution may be, the first step in uncovering it is to convene a scientific panel of zombie experts to put out a consensus statement regarding the exact mechanism by which zombies are animated.

We need qualified volunteers.

Edited by blike

Yeah, you really have to a agree on rules. If you go by Romero rules, after Z-Day, anyone who dies for any reason becomes a zombie within a few hours of death. And any fluid exchange is deadly within a few days at most, sometimes within a few minutes, and it's a "gradual" zombification. They don't seem to decay much, and have vague memories from life, so it's clear that some bodily functions are working. They apparently need very little nourishment, although their craving for human flesh is their primary motivator. They don't seem to swim, although they can walk along the bottom of bodies of water, as they don't need to breathe (they don't float). They also seem to be quite a bit stronger than humans (they'll rip you apart barehanded without too much effort), but also a lot slower, and obviously quite stupid.

That said, a large boat of any kind is probably a good refuge. Also, there's been a lot of talk of weapons, but nobody has mentioned armor. To avoid contamination in a zombie fight you'd want a hazmat suit under full kevlar armor, plus probably a riot shield or something.

The safest option is to hide and/or outrun the zombies. You will want to leave the city first, as zombies will mob you and break through any defenses otherwise. I'd agree that the boat/sub option is likely the best, though flying is probably a little safer. If you go into the wilderness you should also be pretty safe, so long as animals are not susceptible. You'd want to be in a small group so that someone can keep watch, but not large enough that you might have infected people. You could even work on something to exterminate zombies, eg a disease that thrives on rotting undead flesh, or a chemical that makes zombies think that other zombies are tasty.

Of course, a more profitable method is to kill zombies and loot the cities. As for fighting the zombies, I'd say that the most important things are:

1) Armor. There are lots of zombies, and you need some protection, both for your sake and your buddies' sakes.

2) Buddies. All the weaponry in the world will not help you when a zombie jumps you from behind. After every excursion, all people must submit to an inspection for bites.

3) Destructive power. Zombies are rather hard to kill, so you want something that does some damage. I'm thinking a flame thrower -- not only will it kill them dead, but you can use it to make a defensive wall, and for lighting. Not as the only weapon though, and probably not a good choice if you have to be alone.

4) Ammo. There's lots of zombies, so you don't want to run out of ammo. A katana may serve as backup. If your flamethrower can run on gasoline, then there will be ammo everywhere, so that is something to consider.

5) Transport. Eventually you will get tired and have to rest, and you don't want to do that in the city. You may want land transport, to carry your loot and ammo. Trouble is, zombies are known to be able to attack or blockade land transport of any kind. You probably want air transport or at least ship transport. If you have a ship, you won't need a fortress to sleep in, but for aircraft you will have to land. Actually, a ship with a helicopter landing pad would be a good option.

Whatever the ideal solution may be, the first step in uncovering it is to convene a scientific panel of zombie experts to put out a consensus statement regarding the exact mechanism by which zombies are animated.

We need qualified volunteers.

I wonder if we can recruit one of "them" to help... like Zombie Richard Feynman. Not only the brilliant mind of a stellar scientist, but a first-person perspective ta boot.

A nuclear missile submarine would be an ideal choice. They can survive for months at a time just with internal supplies, and if you take along a fishing net you could outlast the zombies.

Not if the subs cooling water intakes get clogged with zombies. read World War Z , the things walk/crawl across the bottoms of oceans, islands are death traps. The only thing to do is to methodically blow all of their heads off. all 5 billion of them! The safest place to be would be Antarctica, zombies freeze in cold weather.

Edited by Moontanman
New thoughts

Not if the subs cooling water intakes get clogged with zombies. read World War Z , the things walk/crawl across the bottoms of oceans, islands are death traps. The only thing to do is to methodically blow all of their heads off. all 5 billion of them! The safest place to be would be Antarctica, zombies freeze in cold weather.

No, there is a limit to how deep they could go underwater, as the deeper you go the higher the pressure. They would certainly be crushed if they wander into deep enough waters. Most islands that are right off the coast (< 20 or so miles) would be quite safe.