Zombie Plan

ydoaPs

While semi-automatics are useful, they suffer the same problem as all projectiles: ammo. Where's it all come from? How do you hold it? Reloading? One has to wonder what happened to those who left all the ammo lying around.

As for chainsaws, where are you going to store extra gasoline?

Bladed weapons seem to be better for long term. Sure, you lose the range, but you don't have to reload. Prefferably something light like a machete or katana.

I think the best thing would be a semi-automatic with extra ammo(cargo pants and ammo belts?) but not enough to slow you down too much. A few Molotov cocktails would serve well as well. However, one must have a light bladed weapon on the back.

Have you ever played Zombie Panic Source? The game deals with those issues right there....

I would prefer ranged weapons and guns. While blades and blunt objects are good for using as backup weapons, you have to get very close to them and you can only deal with one or two at a time. Not very useful for staving off hordes of zombies (there will be a lot of them and are observed to attack in groups).

I think the best weapons out there against the zombies would be fragmentation/shrapnel weapons (such as mortars or shotguns) and grenades. Something that would produce lots of sharp, high velocity pieces in a wide area.

Edited by Reaper

Call of duty: world at war, once you complete the single player you open a game mode called "nazi zombies" the damn things just keep coming! You WILL die, probably whilst reloading/running out of ammo and trying to stab them and there just being too many...

Before we continue, we need to agree upon a standard: What kills a zombie? Does it have to be beheaded, or does massive injury in general suffice?

They will fall given enough damage to the body. However, headshots are the quickest and most efficient way to kill them. You have to remember that they are already the walking dead, so just simply aiming at their vital organs won't be enough. You either have to do heavy damage to their bodies or blow their heads off (or both in some cases).

Edited by Reaper

Do they swim?

I don't know, the claims and observations are varied. What is known is that they don't need to breathe. If a body of water is shallow enough, they might be able to cross it.

All you aggressive types .....

If zombie attack is inevitable, I plan to use my legs, supplemented by a bicycle, car, train, plane, or anything that will get me the hell out of there!!

Constructive cowardice = survival.

But what if the whole world has fallen to the zombie apocalypse???? Where will you run to then....

==========================================

Here is a comprehensive guide to surviving a zombie apocalypse: http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/04/how-to-battle-z.html

and

Edited by Reaper
multiple post merged

It's very simple - hide for approximately 2 weeks.

The moment the Age of Zombies begins, it will sow the seeds of the new age - the Age of Flies. Within hours, every Zombie on the planet will be infested with the eggs and maggots of the dozens of species of decomposer flies, and they each could *easily* be completely skeletonized within a week. Add another to take care of new zombies, and you'll just emerge into a world with a lot of skeletons and a lot of dead flies.

It's very simple - hide for approximately 2 weeks.

The moment the Age of Zombies begins, it will sow the seeds of the new age - the Age of Flies. Within hours, every Zombie on the planet will be infested with the eggs and maggots of the dozens of species of decomposer flies, and they each could *easily* be completely skeletonized within a week. Add another to take care of new zombies, and you'll just emerge into a world with a lot of skeletons and a lot of dead flies.

So, a several(you never know where you'll be when it happens) heavily guarded bomb shelters. Motion triggered rail guns on top? Various electric and razorwire fences? Mine fields? Crocodile infested moats?

Of course this shelter should be stocked with several times the anticipated rations and it should be fully stocked with weapons and ammunition(for the inevitable breach of the fortress). And satellite uplink to monitor the zombie apocalypse via SFN.

Mobility is the key on both sides. Fort up and they eventually overrun your position. We need some kind of razorwire bullwhip to take off a leg, and a portable, self-propelled personal vehicle that can leap over a concentrated attack, no fuel needed.

Can you picture it? Me, 51 years old, with a bullwhip in one hand, taking off zombie legs left and right as I vault over the undead threat. It'd be like your Dad on a pogo stick.