What is the best Digital Sound/Voice Recorder?

C_Sagan_Returns

I wasn't sure where else to post this so forgive me. I've noticed many students with digital recorders in my classes this semester. There are so many different models and brands; I'm not sure where to start.

I want something that works well, but at a resonable price. Good battery life and excellent sound quality are my primary concerns. I'm sure many of you own DSRs and I want to know what to check out and what to avoid. Treat this as a poll and share your experience.

Thanks,

CSR

Well, I don't have any experience with other ones, but I used this one for my Chinese class earlier in the year, and it worked well. It had a few different settings, was easy to download, and the quality was good (even in larger rooms, but it's still best to sit close to sound source when possible).

Like I said, I don't have anything by which to compare it, but this one suited my purposes quite well:

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-VN-4100PC-Digital-Voice-Recorder/dp/B000OVPB9K/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_image_1

I hope this helps. Good luck. :)