Bioenergetic molecules: clue to cell origin?

RNA predated DNA. The four bases of RNA are adenine, guanine, cytosine, and uracil. 4 energy molecules commonly used in our body are adenosine triphosphate (ATP), guanosine triphosphate (GTP), cytosine triphosphate (CTP), and uracil trisphosphate (UTP), each formed from nucleosides of the bases for RNA, provide energy for many biological functions.

Given that, and that RNA itself can act as an enzyme, could these molecules provide a link as to how the first cells formed? Most biologists believe that in fact there is a link, but the question no one can conclusively answer is the nature of this link.

Jeez, Fafalone, your blowing me away with all the great sites and good questions. My heads smoking.

I'm going back to investigate the thermophiles again and look into the chemistry of their reproduction with enzymes but no nucleus or mitochondia. I'll get back but that's the route I'm taking. Anybody else?

Just aman

• 4 months later...