A PM to the whole community...

iNow

For All Those Who Get a Little Verklempt Around the Holidays...

...You're not alone.

Thanks to each of you for being.

It's really amazing the power inherent in the sense of community.

This is just a statement of thanks, and appreciation. It's often humbling to read the contributions here, but always educational and usually enriching.

Happy Holidays, everyone... regardless of your personal mythology or secularity.

Happy Holidays, everyone... regardless of your personal mythology or secularity.
Thanks iNow, you too. I'm not really verklempt, it's just that sliding down the chimney makes me Thor.

Thanks, and happy everything to you too. I'd like to see more holiday avatars on the forums though. ;)
I'd like to see more people remember to switch them back by July.

And to you iNow, and everyone else here on SFN.

I've literally just got back from the consumerist nightmare that is Christmas shopping, which was surprisingly stress free. However I've still treated myself to a bottle of Port, and a selection of cheeses. :)

I'd like to see more holiday avatars on the forums though.

It's the thought that counts...so done.

I had to look this up and found it in an urban dictionary:

http://http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=verklempt

Verklempt - choked with emotion (German verklemmt = emotionally inhibited in a convulsive way)

OY, vey. When that schmuck of a doctor told me I had cancer I got all verklempt.

Anyway, the main thought that came into my mind was first uttered by Gandhi -

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.

Mahatma Gandhi

Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)

I find that these holidays are often made for me not from the noise of family and friends but by the moments of silence and contemplation in their company. I hope all of you find some tranquility, peace and moments of silence in these holidays.

Best Wishes guys